Keep getting connected to wrong server

When I boot up the game, the first thing I like to do is warm up in training. At least half the time I do this, it puts me on Sydney servers. I’m east coast, so warming up with 350 ping isn’t really helpful.

The only way for me to fix this is to start a custom game, enter it, confirm the custom game put me on ORD1 (Chicago - the correct server for me), then leave and join training again.

Why is this a thing? Can training mode not put me on the correct server in the first place?

it’s an issue blizzard is failing to see. they are blaming it on our isp’s but many of us are having this same issue and the same time

4 Likes

Yeah I keep getting connected to Japan Server even though I’m playing from US West Coast(Seattle). This only happened after the last patch and a lot of people also experienced this across the world and they blamed it on our ISP?

2 Likes

It’s definitely on their side… It’s only happening in training, so it’s an issue with training.

We’ve had this issue in AU/NZ for almost 3 weeks now, reps on here have been blaming our ISP’s and infrastructure, then unpinned the thread.

I’m hoping they actually start looking into problems on the blizzard side seeing its clearly not our net causing it.

1 Like

It’s been connecting me to the wrong server occasionally for well over a year… It just got to the point recently where it’s happening so often I needed to make a thread about it.

Again, it’s only training mode that does it for me.

Please chime in on this thread where the issue is being tracked by staff. Thank you.

currently the only solution i’ve found is to use a vpn (i downloaded mudfish for this since you can specify what uses the vpn) and connect to a chicago node to be able to get east coast region. if you need any help feel free to dm me. blizzard isnt allowed to recommend vpn or help with them, but i dont work for them heh

I am having this EXACT same problem. I’ve had it before, and it lasted for over a month before it randomly fixed itself. And it definitely wasn’t my ISP. :confused:

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.