Keep disconnecting from server when in menus

this has been going on for a while and it still hasnt been fixed, especially annoying when queuing for competitive because when it disconnects as i find a game it counts me as a leaver

Howdy SHADE,

If you are on a wireless connection have you tried to connect to the router via Ethernet? If so and you are still disconnecting. You may need to try to run a WinMTR test. I would recommend avoiding competitive until you are sure this has been resolved.

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 64 bit version.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe as Admin
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    Note: You will want to leave the colon and last 5 digits at the end off and only use the first four set of digits (for example, 24.105.13.114 in the screenshot without the :26535).
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

Note: Break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).