Keep complaining about changes you don't like

Blizzard has already been forced to walk back the phone number requirements. If you hate the shop prices and locked heroes then make your voices heard. Don’t accept this garbage. They do listen when the backlash hits hard enough.

11 Likes

When are they going to fix the phone number thing?

2 Likes

Oh did I miss something… ?

1 Like

You will no longer need to link a phone if you played Overwatch 1 prior to June 2021.

2 Likes

Can we make a petition to bring back LFG because i’m sick of losing because of no communication

2 Likes

Link please :slight_smile: ! I’m curious !

1 Like

Few things:

• I’m hearing talk about the SMS stuff, do you have a source on it? I’d like to read it!
  • I’d say it’s more ‘player count’ making them change their mind… :wink:
1 Like

Waitwaitwaitwait, they’ve done away with LFG??

1 Like

Yea They retired it For no reason

I thought this was another shill post, but i was wrong and i wholeheartedly agree.

My list of dislikes is too long. I played for several hours today and found myself being more and more disappointed. The good part is I have more room on my HD and more time to play something that doesn’t totally and completely fail to entertain me. Can we roll back to OW1 and forget this ever happened please?

1 Like

What’s actually gonna happen is people are gonna complain so much theyll remove things that make the game safe from cheaters/smurfing, basically all the countermeasures theyve thought of. Making the game a smurf filled hacker fest like most other F2P games. Then theyll make less revenue and back off on content releases because they decide to scale back as profits didnt meet expectations. Thats just the corporate reality of things.

SMS Protect

We designed Overwatch 2 to be a live service, which enables us to be responsive to a variety of player feedback. We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.

We remain committed to combating disruptive behavior in Overwatch 2—accounts that were not connected to Battle.net as well as new accounts will still have to meet SMS Protect requirements, which helps to ensure we’re protecting our community against cheating. If a player is caught engaging in disruptive behavior, their account may be banned whether they have a new account or not.

As a team, we will keep listening to ongoing feedback and will make further adjustments in this area if it is required.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Not prior to, people who played after June 2021 will have access. People before that only have it if they connected their Battle.net account, which I guess applies to console players only?

And after, as long as you had a battlenet account connected to ow1 you should be able to play, the only reason they included the June 9th thing was because that was when they started requiring it

Why on earth would they do that wth