Just Rework Widow Already

Speak for yourself OP.

Personally I find Widow pretty fun to fight in most cases, it’s incredibly intense and high adrenaline. The only instances I find her truly frustrating, are less because of Widow herself and more because of my team refusing to counter her and/or play around her sight-lines and that’s true any hero left unchecked.

1 Like

What are you expecting? An honorable duel using only fists?
If we go by that logic then all the players in this game are cowards. Because this game is filled with such unique abilities.

Anyway, I made a post about my view of balancing Widow. Here take a look.

You’ve got 229 hours on bastion in quickplay.
Enough said. This is just pure salt from somebody who can’t play Widow themselves.

3 Likes

… what? I’d rather go against Widow in many instances because Hanzo, to me, requires far less skill to be effective.

He’s called spamzo for a reason

When Widow gets a headshot, I can respect it. I think “Okay, that was mechanically demanding and you clicked the head, good work”

With Hanzo on the other hand, it’s more like “Great, Hanzo was randomly firing over and over and somehow he got a headshot right when the barrier went down…”

They are completely different

1 Like

first off, have you played AS her?

and since they’ve been copying Paladins for a while now just take the mechanics from kinessa or strix and slap those on widow

idk, your 230 hours of bastion would say otherwise. nobody likes having to build around a one trick

2 Likes

Ah yes, everyone knows that Widowmaker is the easiest character in the game and always gets picks.

“46 shots, 1 kill”. The mantra of QP Widows everywhere.

2 Likes

Or add some in.
I could say something along the line of making a new friend, but that has been done to death, and can get me banned.

you play bastion. you don’t like ruining the fun for other people? come again?

widow is fine, your main heroes are just countered by her. learn winston.

2 Likes

LMFAO this cat is a bastion main. Youre talking about “unfun”?? Sorry pal but its not fun for the rest of us when bastion is behing a shield and being damage boosted. Nerf bastion!

A character like that exists, called Hanzo…
If you think playing Widowmaker is easy in this game, then you haven’t tried the character.
If you’re vs another Widow, you need to constantly keep them in check, and watch out for your own head.
If you’re alone (or have killed the other widow), then good luck hitting the other champs through all the shields. That’s not to mention that the game plays extremely quickly, and the precision of Widow’s shot is far less forgiving than most other FPS games (like TF2, where headshots are basically free). It’s like playing the with a Scout in counter strike, but your opponents can shield themselves, dive you (winston), heal through your damage (if you hit anything less than a 1 shot kill).

Watch any pro stream where the player uses Widowmaker. Sometimes they’ll pop-off (i.e. get 2-3 picks ), but more often than not, they’ll just be OK. A lot of times, they’ll whiff totally, or get completely countered and switch over to another DPS champ (often Hanzo/Mcree).

Widow’s ult, while good for widow, is pretty bad by comparison to a lot of other ults. Especially if your team is stuck, and the enemy is entrenched behind a shield tank etc, your ult will get you no free picks (i.e. the instantly timed wall shots).

If you see an enemy team has a Widowmaker, get out of the line of sight, and get someone to dive her. If she’s bad, well then it’s a free 6v5 win for your team. If she’s good, play around her… that’s how the game works. You know what the enemy has, play according to their comp.

2 Likes

Seems like a enemy widow is top500 smurf and friendly widow can’t hit anything situation.
Someone is super salty…

But no, she’s fine.

1 Like

I’m guessing you aren’t good with her either.

1 Like

This is just another “I can’t play widow - please nerf” post. I have over 2-300 hours on widow alone and trust me, she takes a detrimental amount of skill once your enemies learn the ‘a’, ‘d’, and crouch buttons exists. Never have I heard someone say they want Widow’s shot to be a projectile because then they will have to learn to lead the enemy? You mean take a good guess and getting lucky (SPAMZO) or taking the time to use your muscle memory to learn a flick shot? Widow mains, have you had an off day where you just can’t hit a shot and get yelled at by your teammates? The other end of the latter does happen - if you are getting one shot all the time…then you need to work on your positioning/movement/counters.

I play everyone. Look at my hours. Just because most of my hours are on Bastion doesn’t mean I haven’t put tens of hours into countless others.

Widow should come out of zoom when she is shot. It would make more sense

Many other sniper games have a lot more recoil to deal with between shots.

1 Like

“Just click heads!” As the kids say. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thats basically me, and I got almost 200 hrs on her.

1 Like