Just remove the ranking system

No one is playing at their right ranks anyways, diamonds playing in bronze GMs playing in diamond. At this point just make everyone play in the same games regardless of rank.

2 Likes

No.

I do not want to play with or against Diamonds let alone GM’s. I cannot play at that level and do not want to be labelled as a “thrower” just because the System somehow put me in those matches (if ranks were abolished that is).

I am properly placed and in an elo I should be in.

3 Likes

Agreed. SR as it currently stands is complete nonsense. If it worked we wouldn’t have smurf accounts or so many players throwing the game.

4 Likes

if anything they should have 1 with voip and 1 without (though that would just create lobbies with people who use 3th party voip and steamroll in non voip)

i’m silver/gold and i’m fine with that and i do not get the feeling there’s many people in the wrong rank there

2 Likes

I’m below you in bronze and there are many players who should not be there. If I got a nickel for every report I’ve sent in I could retire.

Interesting idea was presented few months(?) back. Let it be true ladder where you can only climb and not drop. Reduce the ranks to let’s say 250 SR diff and name few more. Let final rank (lets say from 4300 onwards) be open ended.

Can confirm that this entire system is just one hot trash mess. Fixes don’t seem to do anything but put a small Band-Aid.

Also, I think what really stings is that once you’re in these lower ranks, it’s next to impossible to get out, or rather the probability is very low. And I know people are like “Well just get a premade to climb out”, but if a system is designed to where you need multiple people just to get out of a rank, then there’s a fundamental problem there.

2 Likes

You are 100% spot on.

I agree, Blizzard might as well get rid of Competitive Play. The game mode has always been handicapped, which makes ranking a total farce. More info: