Just realized that the new engine/looks of ow2 is gonna result a minor and funny issue

If you buy OW2 you will unlock the new updated base skins you will still have the old original version to use if you want yes.

We will get the engine upgrades (just not the skins)

1 Like

Good because I want both

This is not correct, ALL players of the Overwatch game system will receive the updated graphics overhaul.

I hope so.

I get that they put a lot of effort into the new hero designs, but they changed Mercy’s so much (especially the hair) that she looks like a completely different character. One that happens to strongly resemble Mercy, but a different character nonetheless.

I only play Mercy these days because of a lingering emotional attachment to her pre-valkyrie iteration. If there’s no “classic Mercy” skin in overwatch 2, I’ll have no reason to play a character that never gets a turn to be a hero.

2 Likes

I think if I remember right, the classic and above skins from this game will be updated as well.

Hello fellow Boomer Mercy main

1 Like

I know but by “the new looks” i’m refering to the new character looks. (Since blizzard themselves as well as the mainsites refer them simply as ‘new looks’" If i meant the new graphics engine i wouldve precised that. (But i guess i should precise i meant character looks atop)

But from the looks of it, since a lot of players will probably still have the old models or older skins, its gonna be funny seeing those side by side with the newer models with new rendering techniques and such side by side in a same match.

The new heroes will be treated just like skins are today and you will still have quality settings in your client. If you are running at minimum settings, you will get low poly versions of both new and old skins. If you run high settings you’ll see the good versions of both. You simply won’t be able to select the new skins that come with OW2.