Just nerf Rein already before every other tank player quits

There is only one Main Tank now, all the rest are Off-Tanks, so why are we playing with Rein+1?

Rein needs to not be a Main Tank anymore, that doesn’t mean just straight up nerfing him, it means redistributing his power.

It will speed the game up so we’re not just sat at choke waiting for Rein as well, which would be a drastic improvement to the game.

This is why I’m glad to be a scrub in Silver lol. You can pick nearly any tank and you’ll still get constant value :slight_smile:

You don’t actually need any. This is how the game is played with multiple DPS, as was meta stage 3 OWL last season.

Mitrovar still has quite a way to go before he starts to become a problem.

If you want problem posters, all you have to do is go dig up some of the old D.Va threads, or look at the Mercy spam from the past few months. That was bad. The “nerf rein” posting has quite a ways to go yet before it even begins to approach being a problem.

Dicsussion hasn’t even begun because the average response to just bringing up the possibility of Rein nerfs is a bunch of screeching followed up by a “DON’T TOUCH HIS BARRIER! BUFF ORISA AND SIGMA SO THAT WE GO BACK TO DOUBLE-BARRIER INSTEAD!”

The only discussion I’ve actually seen here so far is coming from Grey.

I think the issue is Arand just wants to play Hammond without getting reported for not playing a BarrierTank.

Which is reasonable. But I don’t think it’s realistic without dealing with the issues that make barriers so important.

I.e. Snipers, Bionade, Earthshatter and Ult Charge feeding.

And the idea that the game will be fine with weaker barriers, and without addressing those issues, seems a bit misguided to me.

2 Likes

I’m reading the first hundred or so posts and it’s vehement disagreements at the hint of anyone suggesting that Reinhardt is fine, even telling someone to stop tanking if he enjoys playing Reinhardt and saying he wants massive nerfs. It’s just a bunch of emotions and not really objectivity.

I think Rein should be toned down and other tanks should be buffed. But he and I have had this discussion REPEATEDLY. It’s the same thing, again. This thread has been made before, many times by him. That’s the issue. Making multiple threads about the same topic over and over again when it pans out the same is becoming old.

Like, 100% fine with the idea of Rein being nerfed. I’m on board with that! I’m all for more tank diversity. I’m not 100% fine with Mitrovarr making yet another thread based on emotions and being unreasonable about opposing views. It’s spammy at this point.

That’s because Hammond isn’t capable of providing anywhere near the raw function of a Reinhardt. That’s how powerful having 1600 points of barrier health is. It’s why he’s OP and not just stronk.

Rein has the same problem as Widowmaker and Bastion: Too much kit invested into a single ability. There’s just no way to balance it effectively. Heroes that over-specialize will always be either OP or UP with zero wiggle room to be balanced. It’s the nature of over-specialization.

In rein’s case, his barrier is always useful which means he will always be OP. The only way to fix it is to nerf his barrier and re-distribute his power as a hero around the rest of his kit.

Know why 1000 is my personal target number?

It’s because when I do play hamtaro, sigma and orisa comps aren’t un-tankable while rein comps are. Against sigma you can get work done as you actually partially counter him.

Orisa can be counter-tanked, but if she hit you with her orb you’re in trouble. The match-up is nuanced and interesting and revolves around how well you can time and use Ball’s shield.

Rein? You can’t boop him. You can’t break his barrier. You can’t get in close with him. You can’t boop the heroes he’s protecting away from his barrier if they’re sticking close to him because he moves with them and takes his barrier with him (sigma and orisa’s barriers don’t move once deployed).

Rein just does too much with too much barrier health.

When I want to play Hammond and I see the other team pull out a rein, my only choice is to change heroes. And it’s all Rein. Without him, they have to double down on anti-hamster and go Mei/sombra/junkrat/reaper and either double down or pair with an orisa or hog who focuses me with pulls for kills.

It hasn’t been six months at all

The patch which "killed "orisa sigma meta was in February.

It’s been abt 3 months of rein zarya meta. They’ll probs be targeted in the next patch. He said he’s looking hard at barriers

ngl it seems every tank will be getting thrown into the fat roadhog category soon

In my defense, it was 2am.

If he’s the last poster when one of the old threads falls off of the front page he might not have a choice in the matter as you cannot bump your own threads. If you’re the OP and you also have the last post you cannot post again.

It’s only a problem if Mitrovar has multiple threads going on the front page at the same time.

Reinhardt came back into the meta at the start of February 2020

Before Double Barrier, it was Orisa/ Hog; Reinhardt hadn’t been since since the end of Goats

Orisa and Roadhog were meta longer than Reinhardt has been in the last year

That would be highly preferable, actually. It would mean that as a tank player you could legit pick any tank you wanted, and the tanks are actually fairly close in performance to one another with the exception of Rein being way too good.

Other roles wish they had that kind of freedom.

I was actually talking about strictly the OP, not you. You’re fine - I didn’t see anything abrasive or rude IMO

tank shouldnt be role in this game then according to you? coz if that happens tanks are literally just ult batteries and game will depend on who happens to click more left clicks on your hitbox and get ult faster

No, I’ve been very aggressive in this thread. But I’m just so tired of Reinhardt.

I don’t like playing him, and if the enemy team goes Rein/Zarya and my team doesn’t (because I refuse to play either one of them) I’m more likely to lose unless my MMR has fallen enough that I legit carry with my hammond or hog.

Even if I win it just doesn’t feel like the game was fair and all I want out of OW is games that feel fair.

On top of that I’m an amature game developer myself (card and board games mainly with the occasional game jam in unity) so balance is a sticking point for me. When I see four barriers in the game at 600, 700, 900, and 1600 health, one of those is obviously not like the others. And I just don’t think that Rein’s short range is anywhere near the disadvantage people make it out to be given that we fight over small points in “interesting terrain” (read: maps always give lots of cover or multiple ways to attack a point allowing clever players to mimimze how much they get shot at.)

The price Rein pays isn’t offsetting his barrier health. Not by a long shot, and his pick and win rates are clear evidence of that).

I mean, I’m not disagreeing. I also want him nerfed. I just don’t want him sledgehammered, and I’d rather tone him down while also bringing up the other tanks a bit, too. Dumpstering a hero isn’t an option IMO (and OP has flat-out said they want Rein to suck outside of this thread), that’s where I disagree.

But I’m 100% for nerfing Reinhardt a bit and bringing other tanks up to that new baseline. I’d like tank variety. I don’t play tanks and I don’t have any issues vs. Rein but I think tank variety would be great.

tbh if youre not able to deal with a rein without a rein either your team sucks or youre just not playing the heroes you pick correctly coz i saw a rein today nearly getting rolled by orisa hog

1 Like

Did I say that either? No. Try again

Going really off the rails with these assumptions

How would changing her barrier automatically make her better than hog. Main tanks and off tanks shouldn’t have to compete with each other when off tanks are made to compliment main tanks

On the contrary, I’d argue you don’t seem to understand that these two aren’t meant to compete nor do they now. Not that I’ve seen

You’re still not suggesting buffs on how to fix your own characters though. Stop trying to tear Reinhardt down when you can buff the other tanks. I never said it had to be at his level but tiny buffs can go a long way

coz the reality of the situation our suggestions literally suck coz we dont know how to even play the heroes we choose and thats why we’re low ranks XD

I think where we disagree is on the baseline of the other tanks. I think the offtanks are in a pretty good spot overall, including both Orisa and Sigma (Orisa might need a small buff, but nothing major. And sigma is a beast when he doesn’t have to compete with Rein).

If all they did was nerf rein, we’d be in a really good place for a while.

And I’ve personally rolled a rein comp as Hog with a D.Va partner. What’s your point? I also beat teams trying to go full dive back during season 1 as Junkrat, one of the most divable heroes in the game.

Anecdotally, anything is possible. However, as a general trend Rein is OP.