Just make syms turrets refresh all at once

I’d rather keep weak turrets as an adjunct to the kit of a strong character than giving more power to them. If she had a respectable weapon, better TP, and perhaps some survivability, having supplemental turrets with drawbacks would be appropriate to me.

But that’s just my opinion

When most players are around gold, and the game is on console as well, it should.

1 Like

If you balance around lower tiers, the game becomes absurd in high ranks. People should aspire to climb and top down balance is the only way to go.

If we balanced for low ranks, Bastion, Symmetra, Torbjorn et al would be absolutely USELESS in high tiers.

Then Sym is balanced because her winrate is one of the highest in every rank above gold.

And if you balance around higher ranks, it can become horrible at lower ranks.

That’s why you balance the game.

I don’t want to have to explain why looking at on paper “winrates” “DPS” and stuff is nigh pointless. Lot’s of people have explained already.

When Sym isn’t considered a troll pick, doesn’t tilt her team by existing, and sees any reasonable action on the pro scene, then we can talk.

Sure, in a perfect world, all heroes would be balanced at all ranks. But if that’s not possible, you must go with balance for higher ranks.

The whole point of competitive is to aspire to win and reach higher ranks. That’s what the game should be designed for. If you’re not trying to win and climb, then who cares about balance?

I think blizzard should think about balancing the game in a way that there are heroes which are considered to be used in low ranks and others in high ranks.

1 Like

I recommend checking this out for some neat ideas. (look at the nostalgic rework part)

Then what should we be looking at instead of on paper stats other than feelings and perception.

1 Like

Symmetra mains don’t like it when you come with reasonable arguments and facts… At least not in most threads about her.

All due respect I think that’s… a terrible idea. Heroes should be viable in their own way throughout.

Esp given a game like this where people want to play a specific character and want to climb with them, is it really appropriate to say “Okay well you’ve hit plat on character X, now if you want to climb you need a new main. Tough luck.” ?

Is it really ok to say that you can’t climb unless you play symmetra?

I’m not sure what you’re saying can you please clarify.

If symmetra gets “balanced” around top 500 players, then, because of the way her kit is designed, she will be way mor powerful at low ranks.
This will make her stronger than all other heroes at those ranks.
So, unless you play her, the enemy will win.
And therefore she is the only viable option of you wanted to climb.

You don’t play competitive, so you shouldn’t worry.

This isn’t the case for any other hero currently. Why would Symmetra be a unique case?

As stated. Her kit is designed this way.

Care to provide an actual piece of evidence or an actual thought as to why instead of a vague statement?

Turrets.
As people have already stated.
Auto attacks.

Her main abillity, the thing she is balanced around.

If you were to balance these turrets around pro level play, you would need them to be strong enough to survive multiple shots from a mccree.
They would need to deal more damage.
Etc.

This would not be good for players that can’t even deal with them currently…

Sombra would like a word with you.