GPU - Asus Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB STRIX
CPU - Intel i5 7600k @4.5Ghz
MoBo - Asus Z170-P
RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz
Cooling - Corsair h100i Liquid Cooler
Case - Fractal Design R5
SSD - Crucial MX500 2TB
Monitor - Acer GN246HL 144hz

I mean it’s about 1-2 seconds maybe 3-4 difference to get into a match.

But again, the bulk of loading takes place before and during the pickscreen phase, even if by some weird coincidence you don’t fully load into the game during this 30 second window, you still have another 30 seconds after that to set up before the countdown timer.

The only advantage you might have is loading in fast enough to instalock the newest/most favorable hero at the time. Other than that, there’s not much incentive to run an SSD for OW except for a few additional seconds of you want to :man_shrugging:

CPU: i5-7600k
Board: ASRock Z170 K4
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: RTX 2060 Nvidia founders edition. Release date 1.0
Power Supply: EVGA G3 750w
Case: Corsair full tower
CPU Cooler: Koolance CPU 390 block
SSD #2 120GB has Overwatch
HDD #1 Western Digital Enterprise Edition 1TB 7200 drive.
Case: Corsair 750D

Between you and Me. The only real thing that gives major power gains to this game is the processor and RAM. The GPU i use to have was the GTX 1060 and then went to the RTX 2060. I can say that the power gains were not impressive. I pulled this game and put it to a friend’s 2011v3 cpu and saw bigger performance gains on processor changes, vs GPU changes. This game is a real “pig” when it comes to wanting CPU power :smiley:

woah people out here flexing with SSDs and I have my games installed on 3 external HDDs. Load times are still decent tho.

Especially in Rainbow Six, it’s hell when it takes

someone 2 minutes just to load the round.

Threadstarter, congratulations on your new purchase and upgrade. =)

My OW build which has now been passed onto my daughter…

2 Likes

I’ve been on my gaming laptop for a while and after like 15 fires i decided to upgrade already.

1 Like

I know the feeling.

My son is using a 5 year old laptop to play OW and when i see how long he has to wait for things to boot and install, i feel bad for him.

Yes, a SSD is definitely a good QoL improvement for your laptop and your daily usage and gaming experience. =)

2 Likes

Oh no the upgrade is for my desktop, my laptop is a gaming one, I now use my laptop for vacation and all that.

1 Like

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11GB GDDR6 Dedicated)
CPU: Intel i7 8700 @3.2Ghz
RAM: 32GB HyperX DDR4-2666
Motherboard: OMEN by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Heatsink: External 3.5" Bay; Air Cooling with Side Window
Power Supply: 750W
Monitor: ViewSonic XG2560 - 240hz (1080p + GSync)

That’s my settings

9600k 16gb 1070ti 3 ssds 2 hdds 43 inch 4k. Only benefit in game is if you get disconnected from comp you load back in a few seconds and not get penalized

I don’t remember all of my specs, but I have uhhh

i7

32GB RAM (DDR4, I think)

GTX 1060 6GB

Some HHD :joy:

i see. Thanks for clarifying and i am glad that you are enjoying the SSD.
Wait until you try NVMe. =D

In many ways, i am glad that i am alive to see how PC technology had progressed since the Commodore 64 and in time to come, light computing! (Aye, Symmetra & Vishkar Corp are a reality…soon!)

2 Likes

That’s either with a lightning fast hard drive, or the world’s slowest ssd. It’s at least a 10 second difference nevermind actually launching the game

IDK Really.

ps://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/tech-specs/

Yours all seem much better than this. But this is a console worth $400 compared to $1000 machines

OW doesn’t run any faster with a faster drive storage. The game will load up faster and the first time once you load a map it goes faster but it’s pretty good at caching everything after that.

OW will run better with more RAM not faster drive storage. When I went from my 500mb/s SSD to an NVMe SSD which is 3 times faster there was zero improvement. When I load the PTR which I have on my old magnetic hard drive storage, the game loading up is a LITTLE slower but that’s all.

OW relies on CPU, GPU and RAM amount and speed.

Ryzen 7 2700X
Geforce 1080
16GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
2 500 GB NVMe M.2 SSD (one for OS and one for games)

Other storage:
32GB SSD for Nvidia Shadowplay storage and cache.
500 GB SSD for games
2TB for crap storage on magnetic hard drives

Sorry to burst your bubble my dude, but SSD is old news.

We’re all on NVMe now.

1 Like

I have fast ssd for wndows and slow high capacity ssd for everything else.

Today prices dropped a lot, for the price I payed for two you can get high performance high capacity ssd (Samsung 1tb)