Just discovered that most of my forum posts are delisted

https://imgur.com/a/H4JPwqN

I would appreciate some feedback. I’m not abusive to people – I just ignore the abusers. I’m not linking out to streams or cheats or anything. I’m not advocating bad behavior in any way.

Why are my posts and comments being delisted by the mods? Quote me the chapter-and-verse from Blizzard’s TOBS for why this is happening.

1 Like

Idk why they delisted those threads without reading them (since ya know, can’t do that for obvious reasons), but I think it’s safe to say that this thread won’t last long because of this section in the CoC. Though since this wasn’t a ban/suspension I could see it going the other way.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

If you have questions or concerns:

1 Like

And if you try to submit a support ticket, it redirects you back to the forum. But I’m not talking about “disciplinary actions.” I’m talking about delisting a topic from the forum, which is not in that category as far as I know.

I’ve had enough of this. Something needs to be done. I’m going to think about what I can do to change this. Nothing violent of course, but this must violate some kind of law or regulation. At very least it needs to be exposed. I might have some influence in that realm.

Depends on why the topic got delisted. It could have been something unrelated to your posts on those threads.

It doesn’t. Unfortunately since it’s a forum that they run, they have every right to deny access to it and regulate it as they see fit. It is not a necessary tool for anyone so they can do with it as they please.

Aaand the only two comments I had that weren’t delisted have been delisted since I posted this. Wow.

Are they being delisted like the thread is taken down completely, just unable to be found if you didn’t already post on it, or are they closed? Because if a thread is necro’d they often will just lock the thread so it doesn’t happen anymore.

Only people who have a link to the thread can see it.

Haven’t seen that happen before. At least not myself.

Considering the threads themselves still exist and didn’t just get deleted and your account is fine, my guess would be that it got closed due to something someone else did in it.

If the company is purposefully hiding negative information, then that could be an SEC violation.

Even then it’s on their own service. If they were going to reddit and taking down posts that would be one thing. But they have the right to do whatever they really want with their own forums. They own them and they aren’t a necessary service for communication.

In the end there’s nothing legally holding them to keeping people’s posts up or allowing everyone uncut access to the forums since no one pays for forum access specifically.

If they were going to sites like reddit or others like it as well that would be one thing but otherwise it’s their forums. If they think something doesn’t belong they have the right to do what they want with it.

Idk too much about it myself but it seems all my recent/top posts/replies are delisted as well. Don’t care too much about it because the state of the forums has gone to crap anyway, but whatever reasoning or “logic” behind it if there is any is probably pathetic or unimportant anyway.

2 Likes

In the last few weeks, it has been my observation the forum moderators have been cleaning up house and reducing many posts or threads that violate the Blizzard Code-of-Conduct. Some these threads may still exist but are now unlisted, which allows the conversation to continue to anyone who still tracks that thread, but prevents anyone new from seeing it. Mostly this is done to topics that are not appropriately discussing Overwatch. Otherwise topics are getting 404’d or locked appropriately.

This does not mean you directly are in trouble, but something in that thread was just derailing the constructive conversation. Those who are violating the Blizzard Forum Code of Conduct or the Overwatch Forums Posting Guidelines will likely expect to see actions resulting in suspensions or bans from the forums.

2 Likes

90% of my top topics and 100% of my top replies are unlisted topics now. It must be automated after X days or after Y flags a topic is delisted. Most don’t appear to break any forum rules.

A great way to kill discussion on a discussion forum.

1 Like

You know what I got from this explanation? This is just acknowledgment that even if they are doing something now, they weren’t before. And even the ‘now’ is crap moderation focusing on the wrong content.

That’s disgusting that the moderators weren’t moderating as they should have at any point in time at all.

2 Likes