Just delete mercy at this point

Finally. A mercy main who actually understands that it was a bug. There is hope.

1 Like

Yea I dont know what the other mercys are on… it was never implemented as an actual feature, they just shrugged and kept the bug. Now everyones freaking out cause somethings being worked on that shouldve been worked on ages ago.

2 Likes

I am convinced by the release of OW2 mercy will not have any movement options anymore

we have no gameplay of this hero how can you know anything about them

One of the devs mentioned that in the last community AMA on reddit

1 Like

And it wasnt though. They waited until now to “fix it” so of course there would be a freaking uproar about it. To expect that it wouldnt be is absolutely nuts. THey recognize its apart of her kits because we’ve used it for so long.

It was not impossible for new players to figure out. It takes skill to learn anything. You explain it and you practice it, over and over again like any hero. a 2 second google or 5 second youtube video explains it. You can explain how in one sentence. Its what made the difference in playing mercy and being good at mercy. Every hero has tips, tricks and things that take explaining to perfect and get good at, not just mercy. They are making those automatic.

They should have just left her alone. Its been out this long. If they had to fix it, how she was in Beta 1 was fine. This is uncalled for though

2 Likes

who wouldn`t

I wonder how much pooled $ it would take the community to convince the OW2 devs to cut it out

Please undo this patch or keep iterating - super jump was the only highish skill ceiling thing about an otherwise super low skill floor hero

1 Like

I’m not having trouble with Mercy? I’m playing her right now.

1 Like

Her skill floor is lowered, but her skill ceiling is raised. She can now do midair super jumps and further slingshots, and if you simply relearn when to do your button press, there are literally no drawbacks.

Hitting crouch to SJ in the last beta was fine tbh. Just let us be more in control of when we need to jump and it’d be fine.

Not enjoying Mercy at all since the Beta 2 change :c
I really hope that it won’t make it into the actual release.

2 Likes

no, mercy is good for the game

I’m not worried. Right now everyone has to use the new tech, even the people who were really good with the old. They’ve implemented new features since the first beta, and they’ll continue to improve it, with the input people will give because they have no choice but to use it. And once they’ve got it working pretty well, they’ll give an option to turn it off.

Witness Lucio’s “wall jump on release” setting. If you leave it turned on, as it is by default, you get some automatic functionality that makes wall riding accessible to newbies. But then you learn you can turn the thing off and get better control over wall riding.

So, there is precedence for a setting to turn off some automatic newbie-friendly feature.

I’m so confused. How is Mercy different?

I remember when Mercy had to be picked or you lost.

Each and every single time she swooped in, ressed the entire enemy team and made my teams play completely useless.

0 regrets, nerf her until nobody wants to play her anymore.

Hope Ana gets eventually the same treatment.

so tell me, you still feel the same way? because all of the disabled players i run into cant even play mercy anymore. They are constantly struggling and find her kit not almost impossible and disorienting

This aged too well. RIP Mercy

Summary on Mercy’s Changes after Feb 7 - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)