Junkrats buff is really a nerf

As if Blizzard actually changes things when you give feedback?

Thank you very much Josh. That sounds like a good way to fix it and make everyone happy. I was having trouble with double mines and side jumps occasionally.

It shouldn’t take 4 years to memorize anything… Welcome to change my friend… Learn to adapt

Dude, just make a custom/practice mode and play around with it to get a feel for the change and a few hours of DM… Muscle memory isn’t something you build up over years and becomes like some sort of cement. You can litterary change it in no time whatsoever and refine it with a bit of more time invested into it but again… It shouldn’t be an issue.

It took me maybe an hour or two to get used to the widow charge up change and how to time it with flickshooting.

Whenever theyv’e done changes to hanzo, well… 1 hour of grinding that havanna aim custom FFA and you’ll have it figured out.

Essentially aim, muscle memory and all that is just like learning a math formula. Once you have it figured out you don’t have to think much more about it. When any change happens you’ll just need to adapt it and start clicking heads again.

No duh it shouldn’t take four years. But after you’ve been doing the same thing for four years… changing it isn’t easy.

It is though, you think baseball players would be able to hit the ball just as easy if they were told they had to change their form and stance? If you’re used to doing a certain movement for a certain result and you’ve been doing that for four years, changing it isn’t exactly easy.

Form and stance? That’s a poor analogy lol as that’s like asking a left handed person to become a right handed one or the other way around… A better one would be if you were to replace the bat to a lighter or heaveir one in which yes, it would be very easy for the player to adjust and have around the same hit rate.

Many sports change ruleset and various variables every now and then forcing everyone to adapt. Just take football (what americans would call soccer) for example, the ball is different between leagues/tournaments, the pitch can be of different sizes, what kind of grass being used have huge effect on ball impact and so on.

Also pro players are being coached to try all type of different stuff in order to find what works out the best for them.

And in e-sport pro players often end up playing with various settings and sometimes even gear from tournament to tournament. Imagine taking your keyboard and mouse and plug it into a friends computer and being told that you have 10 mins. Trust me, you wont get the same feeling as you have while playing at home.

players have spent four years memorizing junkrats mine speed and arch and now it’s changed. It’s a huge nerf to anyone who consistently plays Junkrat.

You mean just like EVERY other hero that has had a change to the timing of their abilities? Relearn, it’s not that hard…

Yes, exactly like every other hero that has had these changes. But I’m not talking about every other hero, just Junkrat.

1 Like

You can kill a Pharah now. It’s a huge buff to me.

oh hmm its like if you’re a dev you don’t want to waste your time on vague nebulous “fix it!” requests when there’s actually specific attributes of specific abilities to address

1 Like

Hi Josh, I’m happy to see a developer response to a piece of user feedback like this! It’s a rare thing on these forums.

Can you or anyone on your team respond to my suggestion in this thread about Match Making Rating, which I understand as a handicapping system: Algorithmic Handicapping (MMR) is Wrong for Overwatch

1 Like

These posts feel like Bigfoot sightings… it would really be nice if you guys just spoke to us more on questions or concerns, even if its just a general statement.

1 Like

On a quick update, the faster mine detonation is a good thing. Feels smoother and most of all, helps deal with Genji. The tire camera going back to Junkrat immediately now feels like the good old days (Though the old days was still faster but I’ll take what we can get.).

Over all, all QOL changes are good.

Maybe it’s time to buff Junkrat trap a bit? Only the horizontal trigger to prevent people from simply jumping above it.

He doesnt need anymore buffs please and you cant jump over the trap with most people in the game.

I’ve actually had genjis dash through traps, tracers blink through it, and balls flat out roll through it and BREAK it. Maybe it doesn’t need buffs, but it needs to be fixed. It’s supposed to be a lock in place stun, yet if you move fast enough, it not only doesn’t trap the target, but breaks too.

If I were to buff it, I’d let him place multiple because someone walking into a trap in a high rank game is pretty rare, so giving him more area denial and more escape options would be great. It’s the only thing I’d really buff about him and then he’d be perfect.

2 Likes

i agree but no i dont think he needs more but if he does get more than he would need to nerf the health of the trap as it takes way too long for some people to break it such as lucio who needs 2 clips to destroy it which is much too long.

It’s a trap that can be seen, destroyed and avoided entirely with sight.

If anything, trap has to have a huge punishment simply because of how meaningless it can be rendered with good attention.

Traps are meant to be used to deny area but if flankers can just render it useless by doing simple ways to avoid it and not destroy it then it’s not exactly doing the job.

2 Likes

I know but i was saying that if he had 2 then it would have to be nerfed because yes it can be seen but can you really see it if i dunno lets say you jump onto the enemies with winston or roll around with ball.
I see what you are saying but a nerf to its health would be necessary as it is meant to deny flankers and control the area but having 2 would be too much and would take too long for some one like lucio who again would have to put 2 clips into it. so it would mean that 4 shots would be needed to destroy the 2 wasting a lot of their time.

I frankly would just ask that the trap vertical trigger be buffed slightly (Maybe just a few inches high.) so a genji or a tracer won’t be able to jump over it even if you plant it right in the middle of a doorway. That way, flankers would need to destroy it and in turn, help Junkrat alert that someone is coming instead of the flankers just bypassing them completely while not affecting the rest of the cast.

Giving him 2 traps would be pointless and is not needed, the only thing trap needs is just a small buff.

Personally, I am thrilled that an Overwatch developer has responded to a piece of feedback from players on this forum. I am hopeful that this is the beginning of dialogue between Blizzard and Overwatch players