Junkrat nerfed - the buffs arent enough and ignore his main issue

why is it okay to hold character in trash tier.

Cause Junkrat can’t allowed to be good, somehow.

Edit: Meanwhile, Tracer/Hanzo/Widow can never be touched.

3 Likes

I was testing the damage, it wasnt some huge improvement. People just cry when hes damage boosted. Meanwhile Hanzo silently climbs to a spot Junkrat cant see him, then 1 shots him in the head (as this requires some amazing skill because no one ever gets headshots, right). Or Genji dashes every tire he puts out or it dies or gets negated a million other ways.

2 Likes

Wait why phara but not junk? I’d argue phara is 100X easier. Large rockets in a straight line with forgiving splash> small nades that arc hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

The catch-up-to-Valve game, still relevant 12 years on.

Honestly, I don’t understand why blizzard isn’t listening. Junk doesn’t need ult charge increase, if anything he needs it decreased. He needs to be more consistent. His pills need to go back to 0.3 and the very best “buff” you can give junkrat is making so that his sticky bombs do 80 flat damage when detonated in air and 120 when placed on the ground. - done.

4 Likes

Simpliest most elegant answer 100% agree. That is fair, balanced and- why aren’t they hiring you

If you did a flat 80 on the mine, then i’d be at the splash damage level of a helix rocket, which has the same CD but is a lot faster and easyier to land, since it doesn’t travel in an arch. Not really a fair thing to do to him.

Dev’s just don’t know what the hell they want to do with junkrat, so they’d rather have him broken than any good. Remember when they said they wanted him to be more consistend and gave him the double mine? Yeah, had to take away 1/3 on the size, make his tire harder to get, make his mine unconsistent, and his tire is now targetable by aimbot ults. The only consistency he got is the amount of bs nerfs they toss at him.

2 Likes

Oh golly… i am so surprised… who could have thought that adding an increase to junkrats damage might boost his ult charge for the few direct hits he gets…

wait… WE saw that coming.

… its a good thing they don’t listen to us or they might have to reduce his primary damage and charge rate… oh wait.

I don’t even understand the point of this change anymore, he can no longer pixel 200hp heroes with a grenade + mine and he can no longer kill a Brigitte or Torbjorn with a grenade + mine because of armour … so thanks for the buff vs Reaper and Mei and some extra trash damage on barriers and tanks? Sure, adjust the ultimate charge to match the damage scale, but unless the added damage makes the character more consistent then it’s a worthless way to buff the character.

Landing a pill and then not being able to confirm the kill using the mine on a 200 hp hero sucks. Having the mine do 80 flat dmg would prevent junkrat from just throwing 2 mines in a row at a squishy and exploding them as well, while still managing cooldowns to burst down 250 hp heroes that get too close (Assuming he lands a pill). It would give him much needed consistency and up his skill factor for people who actually can aim with junkrat. Imo 2 mines was a great change to Junkrat because it gave him much needed mobility, and the hero feels overall more fun to play. As it is, mine often does <80 dmg (it does anywhere between 24 and 120 dmg depending on the blast radius distance), pills sometimes go through heroes making him very unreliable in any scenario.

Having the mine do flat 120 dmg, once it is on solid surface would still enable trap + mine kills.

They need to increase the thrown mines minimum damage, to make their outcome a little more reliable and increase the grenades size to 0.25 or 0.3 so that they don’t clip through heroes or the environment so easily.

Even hanzo’s arrow is easier to hit a headshot with that to hit someone with a junk’s grenade.

This is not fu***call of duty!!! why people still comenting like this!!!

3 Likes

Bro just stop. We are tired of the " you are noskill braindead" people. this is not call of duty. this is more like a moba.

4 Likes

really hope they nerf junk dmg even more because i dont like that brnded hero spamming his primaries and getting kills

Junkrat buff nerfed :interrobang:
we REBEL :bangbang:

hehe
but, come on blizz ;(

2 Likes

nah leave junkrat as is on ptr

Do you not remember why they nerfed the nade size?

When he got his two mines, it made the original nade size ridiculous to deal with. They had to nerf it, otherwise junkrat was killing everything in sight, with no skill needed.

No, the nade size doe NOT need to go back to original size.

That’s because they needed to nerf Hanzo.

But that aside, you are comparing to completely different type of weapons and what they do.

Apparently the ult charge nerf means junkrat needs to hit 1 more nade than before to get his ult, even with 130 damage. That math also means only direct hits, which means ult charge from his other sources is also reduced so overall, well he needs to do a lot more work for his ult.