Junkrat is turning OWL into a joke

It funny these Junkrat complaints are coming from a smurf account calling himself “onetrick”

TBH I think people with alt-accounts gaming the system are FAR more annoying then going up against a JR (but then again I know how to actually deal with a JR when he shows up)

27 Likes

There is a logical explanation to that generally, and that would apply to a huge set of heroes, if Junkrat gets the damage done inside a choke while no one cares of it, of course he’s gonna build his tire fairly faster. At the minute Junkrat gets countered and shut off nonstop, he’s plain useless regardless of the what people call “OP tires”.

Essentially it all comes to awareness and whatnot of your team’s capacities. But with the recent mine damage falloff, the tire ult charge is on the “edge” to be fine as is still right now. The “nerf”, like only for those that can’t land the mines properly, sets the Junkrats playing Junkrat at full potential, rather than just a spam mechanic camper.

Per experience, most of the tires I had faced off were usually predictable and I could delete them easily as Junkrat, which ironically counters itself fairly easily most of the time.

17 Likes

Woah there.

Mercy 2.0 was so bad, I couldn’t even think about the game. At least you don’t need a Junkrat to win every match. He isn’t a must pick and he isnt a monster. He’s just annoying.

14 Likes

No its smurfs and onetricks gaming system that are the worst thing to happen to Overwatch.

OH and trolls, it seems you fit the bill for all 3

7 Likes

I’m never in voice chat and I basically either just laugh or face palm instead of wasting my time saying anything.

All your post does, is tell me you use it poorly despite having a lot of time on him.

This is the most absurd thing I’ve read on these forums in a long time.

8 Likes

Inb4 somebody says the following:

“Of course you would say he’s fine. A person maining blatant no-skill OP heroes obviously would be ok with other OP heroes”

3 Likes
  1. i am not a one trick, i picked the name as a gag
  2. i am not a smurf
  3. i dont even play this account;

it was supposed to be an account for me to practice my bad heroes on, but the game is literally unplayable as an entry skill level Genji now that there is so much spam in the game and he is not even worth learning how to play at low levels of skill when the only thing he is played for is Dragonblade.

plus people in low ranks are so bad i cannot even carry them. you will literally get a triple kill and then be like “how did 4 people on my team just die?”

1 Like

Team game, carrying a game singlehanded is not for Overwatch.

16 Likes

you say that but you have probably never seen how many people in low ELO don’t realize reaper can easily 1 or 2 shot them. when i tell the silvers on this forum you dont have to kill genji and tracer to counter them and that reaper will keep them running scared, they just laugh at you

even though you’ve been in their games, fighting their smurfs, beating master genjis and tracers trying to smurf their games

“lul these guys cant shoot a tire” plays hero that will realistically almost never destroy a tire

i mean i primarily play reaper and tracer so there is a very low chance that i will ever destroy a tire. people always complain about how hard it is to shut down dragonblade but i do it all the time as both tracer and reaper

why would you think you are in a position to make fun of anyone when you play the heroes that we do?

You know the REAL funny thing, the last few games of OWL there hasn’t been anyone playing Junkrat at all.

He’s totes ruining OWL!! OMG SUCH A JOKE!!!

(Edit new round just starting, guess who’s not there?)

17 Likes

I just find it hilarious and no one has the right to make fun of anyone’s heroes. Also, it’s not my fault or blame when people can’t take it out when every S76 I’ve seen can’t take it out.

1 Like

Junkrat got a mobility buff that makes his damage absurd considering he can spam from across the map for accidental kills and has an easy getaway. Games against Junkrat are extremely unfun and games with Junkrat on my team just make me feel bad for the other team for having to put up with his OP bs.

5 Likes

I’ve seen enough since season 3, and yes i was once a bronze player (now stuck in gold throttling from to low to mid gold) and I know what kind of hell you can get in, but there’s really no such thing as “carrying” because often, one’s getting all the dmg/kills/heals/etc. results into another player giving them an opening. I’m at the core a DPS main, and really, my tanks is what makes me shine when it works. I’ve tried to flex out of DPS since a few seasons (even if I’m not a competitive guy due to toxicity problems just ramping and backing me out of it), and I’ve gotten slowly better at those other roles.

Now if I go in my quick play playtime, I’ve been digging those diamond+ games, man those are so fun to play. I have so much fun seeing my tanks giving me an opening to then DPS, then my healers supporting the tanks and the DPS and all. I think the problem really more lies within the core of the system below diamond in comp that highly influence players to not switch and perform best at 1 hero. I do agree a lot of smurfs causes problems, but I think it’s like that p much in any of the top games played competitively, but in the end, it all comes to communication, if it doesn’t work, there’s always a report button depending the situation you’re being put (like someone feeding the enemy or literally just afk’ing to make your team’s experience horrible).

Junkrat is countered by anyone outside of close range unless you can render his kit useless (flashbang, hack for example). His mobility comes with a huge negative impact, the jump arc is predictable for snipers and hitscan with average aim or higher.

3 Likes

Not bashing it, but look at the main post and see how negative it is, when Junkrat isn’t even that much used compared to the Dive meta being highly still used so far in OWL.

We’re really just having a fair discussion and sharing opinion, not sure why some people gets mad over this, but sincerely, if one person gets killed by a hero, doesn’t really mean it’s the hero’s kit fault, probably is more a result of the person skills versus your skills rather.

9 Likes

He has tire every team fight, and sometimes multiple times in a team fight. It’s pretty ridiculous to watch.

8 Likes

While I can only agree with that, the problem can rather be in the opposite team more than anything, a Junkrat will surely gets his ult faster if no one cares stepping in the grenades, the traps, and the mines, any other heroes is the same, but because Junkrat kit is heaviliy not hitscan and splash damage, it’s only logical that he gets it more often.

While I really don’t wanna engage a fight against sombra mains, sombra also gets her ult very often in both pre-buffs and post-buffs, before it was just stacking the damage and getting your team to use the packs, now it’s hacking and DPS it all the way to gain ult and you get the ult fairly quick. The only difference here is that only a notable few select people can take on the fact they’re being countered by a character that aims with arcs and wall shots rather than a hitscan because for whatever reason, horizontal shooting is “skill” and lobbing shots is “luck” on certain SR tiers.

You can get both luck shots on hitscan and non-hitscan, if people really do e x p e c t the game be a full hitscan game, there are plenty of shooters designed just for that and are as popular or more than Overwatch. You see, there is this thing called awareness and engaging skills in Overwatch, and while we all have problems on these skills, including myself, they get better overtime and you can predict people’s gamestyle eventually, like for instance, a Junkrat will most likely bait you into a corridor or a small area, while a soldier might try to get the high ground for better view of the area.

2 Likes

Main checks out for this type of thread

Ya junkrat is ruining OWL with his 94% pick rate. Oh wait that is someone else…

14 Likes

true junkrat makes the game experience really poor and ulti is really ridiculously mobile it can climb up infinitely and kill pharah-mercy in the f***ing sky box

5 Likes