Junkrat Could Need A Nerf

Since the forum got updated I decided to post it again.
On the old forum I posted about Junkrat being kinda broken and suggesting a change that could maybe fix the Junkrat problem.

The main Junkrat problems are:

• He can charge his ult in less than 6 seconds
  • He has really fast reloading speeds
  • The random death count because of junkrat spam is too high
  • The knockback on junkrat’s grenades it way too inconsistant (once they make you fly to the moon and once they just make you hop)
  • His grenades bounce for too long

And this is what I would do to fix him:

• Reduce his ult charge rate
  • Slow down his reloading speed by just a little bit
  • Add damage falloff to every grenade bounce (maybe make the grenades lose between 10-30% of damage with every bounce)
  • Make his knockback consistant
  • Make it so that the grenades don’t bounce anymore when they are on a specific height level (basically, make the grenades explode when the bounce momentum got weak and they are just “rolling” on the ground instead of letting them bounce even more)

A few weeks ago I asked the LA Gladiators team on discord what they think about Junkrat, and the only one to answer was Shaz, he said that his ult is still OP, not sure what exactly he meant with OP, but I think he means the charge rate since that’s what most players complain about when they speak about Junkrat being OP.

6 Likes

Here’s what you can do RIGHT NOW to nerf him:

• Dodge the slow moving projectiles
  • Don’t walk into a spammed hallway like an idiot
  • Don’t order your entire team to bunch up on his grenades
  • Just shoot him because he has zero defensive abilities
12 Likes

Now that the mines are so inconsistent I think all that junk needs is that ult nerf (charge rate I mean)
I mean I’m charging it faster or as fast as I charged Ana 1.0’s ult and that thing was abused partly because it charged o damn fast

1 Like

About a month late bud sorry. Wait till the whole sombra situation blows over and try for another junkrat nerf if you can’t step 3 paces to the left when fighting him.

2 Likes

Your logic could use a buff.

3 Likes

Just dodge them dude loooooool
Just shoot him dude, click on his head dude looooool

Cool.

Let me ask you a question, when pretty much every map has a choke point (said “hallway”), how are you not going to walk into it?

Also his 120 damage panic mine is a thing.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the fact that most of the time the junkrat spam comes from behind a wall which means you can’t even hit the junkrat

1 Like

Don’t forget that spamming from behind a wall is a horribly ineffective way of playing Junkrat either.

4 Likes

Uh oh someone can’t avoid bouncing grenades we must nerf. And in all honesty how does he charge his ult in less than 6 seconds. In 6 seconds he is still airborne from jumping out of the spawn. Please explain how he charges in less than 6 seconds.

4 Likes

I do agree with the ult charge.

You would be lying to yourself if you said you didn’t hear riptire used more then any other ult.

1 Like

I knew someone would say something about me mentioning junk being able to charge the ult in less than 6 seconds, on YouTube search "Junkrat fastest ult 100% (in 3 seconds without damage boost) and click on the video that has junkrat’s “I’m flying” intro as thumbnail, just watch it and you’ll see HOW he charges the ult in less than 6 seconds

Yes it does charge fast, but I can’t see how it is possible in less than 6 seconds as OP states. I play junk alot if that was the case I would say charge needs to be changed.

The only way it charges in 6 seconds is if everyone is playing tank, bunched up together and all taking the full potential damage from a clip.

ok?

3 Likes

OK you got me I just watched it. I am wrong

Most of those are pretty good solutions if he was overpowered, but I don’t really think that’s the case. For the most part his kit is currently okay, albeit a little strong up close.

One thing I do agree with though is that his ult charges way too fast.
I understand it’s partly balanced by the fact that it’s destructible, but a good junkrat can keep it out of sight until the last second about 90% of the time.
Junk has massive potential AoE damage, and I don’t think that is properly factored in with his current ult charge rate.

By going to a different chokepoint? By using a high mobility character to go over it? By walking through it anyway but using your tank’s help? There are plenty of options.

Also, Junkrat being able to kill you is a good thing. This is a game in which people kill each other. If you had a 100% chance of either successfully countering a target or completely avoiding that target, that target would be severely underpowered.

1 Like

Sure, going to a different chokepoint. If the entire team goes to a different one, that would mean, ignoring the payload

Oh look, he disappears at plat.

This is a broblem with the players, not a balancing issue

Yet still effective enough to consistently get ult charge and even kills.

1 Like

He’s more or less fine right now, the only thing really “over powering” about Junkrat is how fast Riptire comes online but I think the Concussion Mine nerf and wider positioning deals with that at higher levels of play.