Junk/Hog charity skins in support of Australia's fire - r/Overwatch

I’m nowhere near the fires and there’s still a lot of smoke in the air. I don’t even have asthma and I think it’s bad :persevere:

You know it’s bad when Canberra’s air quality becomes unbearable just from the smoke.

1 Like

Ah, but you see, Hog and Junk aren’t grills, so their skins wouldn’t sell as much.

I beg to differ, I think lots of people would actually buy the skins.

Most people don’t donate because they don’t have a lot of money to spare (most are kids or college students). But if they would in return be gifted an awesome skin from blizz, I think lots would spend their allowance on a skin or 2.
Blizz is able to pump out amazing skins, so if the Hog and Junk skins actually look decent, people will buy them.

Even I would, and I never even play neither hero.

Absolutely this makes alot of sense and would look good for blizzard and as a junker nerd i would love all of this

1 Like

As an Australian, I’d love this.

I’m one of the lucky ones who is in an area that hasn’t really been affected. We had a few hazy days but thats it.

2 Likes

It’s cute that people think Blizzard charities are legit.

1 Like

I would love this!

But there is one good thing (Fire is still bad) about the fire: it is hopefully burning up the demon creatures

Ikr? They’d only participate if they feel it can benefit the business itself. Also, the breast cancer event had to have been planned months in advance, as making these skins take weeks if not months of planning, creating, and testing. This is a spurn of the moment kind of thing, so unless if they’ve been making a Junkrat and Roadhog skin that conveniently matches the theme of the wildfire crisis, it’s not happening any time soon.

Junkrat is described on Overwatch’s website as loving to cause chaos and mayhem.

Evidence that this goes beyond explosives comes in the form that both he and Roadhog went on an international crime spree. Junkrat would love watching forests burn, it’s in his character.

As someone “mildly” obsessed with Junkrat I’d buy a Firey Junkrat skin in a heartbeat

I have £55 laying around in my Blizzard balance. I have nothing to spend it on currently. I thought I’d be able to pre-purchase OW2 so I added some credit shortly before Blizzcon started, but I guess not.

I’d spend all of that money on charity skins in a heartbeat to help out the wildlife or the firefighters of Australia. It’s heartbreaking to hear over 30% of the Koala population may have been killed because of the fires.

I’ve already donated £50 to WWF but if I am able to spend another £50+ on charity skins using my Blizzard credit that would be great. :slight_smile:

in support of Australia’s fire

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Oh yeah I saw this on the subreddit and this is an amazing idea I’d use my money from christmas on this because not only do I main these two its also just a super good cause

Wait who or what are they

Honestly I think not only would it be an amazing act on blizzards part, but also would help the game, since it would put them i a brighter light. For instance large amounts of people would look at OW and it may help blizzard to realize that they can do more and perhaps open a new chapter for them while helping others at the same time

Search ‘ australia insects’

1 Like

Didnt read much but it sure shows a pretty bleak part of humanity. A country is in crisis and people want to help, but only if they get some good looking pixels for a game.

You know, rather then just donating that money that they are saying they would.

gross, how do Australians live their

So what you’re saying is, Blizzard needs to make a Ragnaros skin to honor the firelord’s conquest. California was first, then Alberta-Canada, and now Australia. By fire be purged!