[June 30th] Overwatch not updating on EU

Using ProtonVPN (free) / US server to grab the update worked for me ~250K/sec. Now itā€™s stuck on ā€œfinalizingā€.

(EU here)

Cause this game is a huge pile of shā€¦ content! :grin:

dosenĀ“t downloadā€¦waiting alomost 3 hours now and Tried Everything even restarted my pc nothing works iĀ“m stuck at downlaod manifest

I chatted with friends from different regions using different ISPs and different tier1 carriers. I would consider it more of a coincidence if a VPN would help at this point.

ā€œwaiting for previous updateā€ it says for 2 hours now, changing region, relogging 10 times per hour, nothing works

I am from Europe, the update is downloading the manifest for 3 hours now. Tried all the suggestions here, nothing worked. This is clearly an issue with Blizzard. please fix it. :frowning:

1 Like

Hey folks, we investigated this issue and made some changes to try to alleviate the problem, and we expect to see some improvement over the next hour.

As some folks have mentioned in this thread, this issue is a result of internet throttling that is in place as a result of increased network demand during the pandemic. We appreciate your patience here, weā€™re committed to doing our best to avoid impact to you from these restrictions, sorry we didnā€™t get it 100% right this time.

cheers

6 Likes

Used a Canadian VPN, logged into US server and waited 10 minutes.

Feels like there is some queue system for the update.

Thanks, but why is it not affecting WOW? I can play it no problem.

on me it just says ā€œwaiting for updateā€ after a few minutes its saying that.

Having the same issue

I am also located in in Europe and Overwatch did not want to update for me.
The problem seems to be Overwatch related, at least I could pause the Overwatch update and an Update for Starcraft II worked without any problems.

Then I wanted to try to reinstall Overwatch to rule out any possible corruption in my local installation directory, but even that was not possible, it would simply not uninstall. Manually deleting the Overwatch folder showed, that the Agent.exe seems to be hanging, because it locked some files.

After killing Agent.exe I could manually delete the folder and then tried to reinstall, but without any luck, it would not even start. No download at all not even at slow speeds.

I aborted and restarted the installation a few times but without any luck.

Then a last try I selected I realized that the installer recommended the PTR folder on my system, so I chose that.

Then the installer finally started, although I think it is only copying things on my system and not downloading anything.

It still took quite some time but finally I have a working installation.

The problem is also clearly not on my end of the connection, I have 300MBit/s Downstream and i also get this speed from other servers.

I first got the message aswell and was stuck on fetching dowload manifest then Waiting for another update message, I saw blizzard app was downloading a CoD update aswell, as soon as I paused that one, Overwatch started updating.

So see if there are other games updating in your Blizzard app.

thank you so much! tried everything but this worked

Stuck at ā€œInitializingā€ now

UPD: Oh, Hey! It started downloading! But 0 B/s :rofl:

I dont have any other Blizzard game, yet its stuck on ā€œWaiting on another updateā€¦ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s finally downloading

same for me, i tried to reinstall, now itā€™s just stuck on Initializing

Try to close every single blizzard updater instance you have in your task manager. This thing is running in background and it fixed this for me multiple times

Tried to uninstall battlenet and now iā€™m stuck on the ā€œblizzard agent updatingā€¦ā€

2 Likes