Jeff, when are you going to turn Mercy into a Holy Priest already?

Except with the nerf to her healing you rarely have time to use it unless you’re in a comp specifically built around you. I don’t get to damage boost with her now as much as I did last year when I first started playing Mercy. It’s not fun.

I think she could use a few new tools.

Disagree, my damage boost stats have doubled since the healing nerf, and several Mercy players I know have had their damage boost stats increase since the HPS nerf too. You should be damage boosting MORE since the healing nerf, not less. Also, fun is subjective. If someone doesn’t find GA fun does that mean we should remove or replace it? No.

2 Likes

Unless you’re only ever trying to heal teammates, tanks included, all the way to full health - something you’re not supposed to be doing - then this shouldn’t be happening. If anything the nerf encouraged Mercys to damage boost more often than heal.

I find damage boost to be more of a crutch to DPS players. On console, more than not I get grouped with a duo stack of mercy and window and the mercy only heals/damage boosts her partner.

Her single target heals just don’t cut it, I can barely keep a Rein alive with more than 1-2 people attacking him. If she had some sort of AOE healing or rez immunity she would be a lot better. I find I can only do super risky rezzes or ask if we have a Zarya for a bubble. Mercy and Brig for healing combo is the worst, Brig needs to produce more healing too, why doesn’t she have a healing indicator with + signs when she swings? I want to know how much healing I am producing with my melee attacks.

I mainly play Moira/Ana since they produce damage and high amounts of healing.

The Best parts about being a holy priest, your healing cant be matched, you have mass rez, your rezzing can be quite a changer during raids, and your just basically unstoppable force :smiley:

i said this in another thread. She’d be good with some disc priest abilities :smiley:

So take Mercy away from me completely by turning her into a Priest?

Actually that sounds so bad it might happen.

We’ll have to agree to disagree since there’s no way to measure that. But I will say that if what you’re saying is true, that doesn’t bode well for her because IMO, it’s bad design if a healer spends more time damage boosting than healing.

Well no duh what’s fun is subjective. This whole debate is subjective. If someone doesn’t find GA fun that means they’re free to come here and explain why.

See above.

And why would you not heal to full? I’ve literally never heard of anyone in any game suggest a healer isn’t supposed to top characters off if they’re damage in front of you. Maybe that’s a weird comp thing, because if you try that in QP / casual you’ll get told off if they proceed to die when you could have saved them.

There is no such thing.

Also, she’s female.

damage boost is actually great on mercy believe it or not

but i kinda wanna run w/ the joke so can we give her

1. psychic scream : “send all enemies back to their spawn”
  2. mind control : “turn an enemy hero to a friendly one for 4 secs”
  3. shadow word: death : “kill an enemy that can deal more than 100 dps with their primary fire”
  4. awaken the makers: “quest: watch 7 friendly heroes die reward: all friendly heroes have 30% more health for the rest of the game”

please stop it was cool the first couple of times and now i’m like okay we get it

i wish blizzard would put experimental ideas on the ptr i know it’s not gonna happen because we’re already divided on things they’ve officially put out on the live servers and it’d create more chaos but it’d be kinda fun…

Only healing to full health is bad, and it’s a tactic that I’ve seen a lot of pros advise against. You should only heal enough to make sure they’re kept alive and move on to other teammates and/or damage boost. Healing someone from critical all the way back to max would take too long for someone with sustain like Mercy and Zen and if you’re in a teamfight you should be using those extra seconds to help other teammates or adding on to the damage.

Well I don’t only do that, and I could swear my original post specifically excluded pro-gameplay.

If your team is taking heavy damage and you’re not healing, it’s as good as throwing. And it’s hard for Mercy to keep people alive currently with all the heavy damagers that have been added to the game.

And that right there is the problem. Mercy is a main healer. Zen is not a pure healer. They shouldn’t be on the same level in that sense.

Again, if the best option in a fight for a healer is to not heal, that’s bad design.

LOL we need Mercy as a Disc. priest. Volley’s of healing. and HOLY NOVA spam :wink: I miss those days. Oh, we need our Heal over time spells! and holy buff. Plus a shield :wink:

Ever since they changed Torb to have AOE ground damage, CC ex: Brig shield bash stun, and Ashe’s DOT damage, this game is basically turning into World of Warcraft.

I AM READY TO RUN DUNGEONS (MISSIONS) IN OVERWATCH! W/ A ROLE QUEUE ONLY FOR MISSIONS, NOT COMP OR QP.

Seems tad unlikely presently I dunno.

Also, its very possible that the acronym of the above sentence is what I think about your idea.

100% agree. Circle of healing please. Pentagram and all.

This could be solved via changing ‘flat damage boosting’ to something more clever – boosting specific abilities of different heroes in a unique way, for example by adding new properties to abilities of the boosted hero.

Like stat boosting that’s unique to that hero? Then there will be passive talents and snow balls from there. Kind of cool though :sunglasses:

So you mean taking away the only thing in her kit - except mobility - that is good and balanced and replacing it with some generic aoe healing exactly like Lucio or Brig and Baptiste and which would go against her design ?

Please no ._.