Jeff still thinks Hide n Rez was Standard? Jeff plz

Here we go, mashed up those 3 charts.

1 Like

It certainly felt standard, in my subjective, limited experiance.

It was also expected of you, so “OMG MERCY GO HIDE!!!” made playing her more annoying.

And here’s even more junk on the charts and stuff:

“We think it’s wrong to tell a main, healing character to go off and hide somewhere, and stop healing for some periods of time.” - Jeff Kaplan, August 24th 2017.

1 Like

Wow. I actually like your graphs now.

1 Like

Ana was higher in the pickrate then Mercy 1.0 in GM even if both were in the toilet as the Lucio/Zen comps reigned supreme

I mean, nice graphs I guess but you clearly didn’t even read my post. I wasn’t promoting mass rez… especially with the invuln buff.

Don’t use outdated graphs when talking about an outdated subject?

2 Likes

I still don’t understand how people think this is possible.

From where I’m standing, it’s an oxymoron to say that a Rez that is invincible somehow enables hiding. The entire reason for hiding is to avoid being shot.

How many times do people need to tell you that “Rezzes per game” is the wrong argument to make?

In which your own source states that Mercy’s numbers were due to interest in her rework.

I’m going to repeat this every time you post this argument.

Then what’s the right argument, because I don’t see the “OMG YOU CAN GET 30 REZES PER GAME” being terribly compelling, when the real numbers are low.

Someone else already told you: having a GUARANTEED Rez available is the problem. The current design allows Mercy to completely undo a valuable pick at any moment of her team’s choosing. How many times she pulls it off is irrelevant in comparison.

4 Likes

Make of this what you will:

With old rez my average was around 6 rezzes.
Now it’s close to 9 rezzes.

1 Like

Gonna save you all some time: Blizzard will never bring back mass rez, even if 100% of forum posts demand it. Get over it.

/thread muted.

Rez could also be a bad play back then. Going for a huge rez could get you killed and the team wiped. In almost every case using rez for tempo was the superior play. Funny enough the hide and rez style only came about when people learned that getting more multi rez would reward more SR.

The devs opted to rework a fairly balanced hero instead of fixing the SR system. They literally took the easy way out! It gets even more hilarious when you see how much backlash they keep getting for the Mercy rework and all the issues it has caused. I wish they would just admit they made a mistake and turn around to find a better path.

1 Like

If Mass Rez never comes back, that’s fine. But I, for one, will then just keep saying how much of a mistake removing it was.

1 Like

People on Reddit actually tested this and found that there was no discernible difference. The “SR exploit” was a myth that was never proven, because the vast majority of the examples people complained about were just played old Boosted Mercys. For example, the most famous example, “Ching”, climbed to Master with Genji before suddenly switching back to Mercy.

Lol, so um depending on the map there are vast amount of corners you could be hiding behind, and this flanker has to go and check each one of them and hope they get lucky, in which Mercy will already reveal herself and rez everyone. And also, a better Mercy player would pick a spot you would be less likely to check, and they wouldn’t be standing still so a Tracer can just come up and one clip you. At higher end play, this is what ALWAYS happened, because if you didn’t you would be dead before you got to use rez, usually.

You see, there was very likely an ult or two used to kill everyone first, so when everyone gets rezzed you might not have any. I still have nightmares of getting a team kill, and Mercy flying out from spawn and saying “f*ck…”. Even if the team was smart enough to save an ult for after rez, doesn’t mean the people you rezzed wouldn’t have any either.