I beg you add role queue

Ha, everyone will queue as a healer to join faster, then immediately switch in game. :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure how that will fix me getting dps Moira’s, suicide charging Reinhardt’s or dps that may as well be firing blindfolded.

2 Likes

Be advised I must flag your post for directly calling out a representative of Blizzard in a negative manner. I strongly recommend editing the title if you can.

EDIT: The topic title has been edited so this request no longer applies.

Overwatch Posting Guidelines

On a side note, can you please be a bit more specific and discuss why you want Role Queues or Hero bans? As it stands I won’t object to the concepts of Role Queues, but I know they will not solve most of the problems players perceive in their competitive matches. Hero bans I feel will cause more harm than good when playing the game on the open ladder. (More people will get upset if for any reason their perferred heroes are banned.)

1 Like

simple…it won’t because you can’t fix stupid

1 Like

so you work for activision?

No. I am a person who is passionate about Overwatch and of this community. You appear to be new on these forums so I rather give you the information you need to avoid getting in trouble.

https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

He doesn’t get paid, but he keeps track of all the dev posts. And his post doing that is pinned at the top of the forums.

Better edit the title man. You got the hallway monitor on you. But yeah seriously he’s right though.

if you were passionate about OW you would want some change
… maybe you like the lore… but i even heard that that goes nowhere

I do want to see the game become better and the community become better, but I also don’t want to necessarily throw out ideas without considering the problems they could cause. For example, when the game first launched, there was no hero selection limits, meaning Quick Play and Competitive could run multiple of the same hero. This caused a lot of problems back then and the development team did enable single hero selection limits mid-way through Competitive Season 1 and later in Quick Play in November 2016. There was a lot of feedback for this both wanting it and not wanting it but it did turn out to be a good change. These may be good changes but I will continue to challenge any feedback based on what I problems I could see with the ideas and any feedback already made by the development team.

Furthermore, no matter how passionate I am, I will always create posts and replies that shows the respect both the development team and members of the community deserves.

Implying that the devs have no brain and don’t know what they’re doing, yeah that’ll get them to notice your post. Also, did you come from Twitter, or…

i know, ive been playing since the game launched as well… all my friends dont play any more… it doesnt matter if they add role queue in 3 years… game will be dead already… no one seems to care

Role queue would suck. It’d take forever to queue as DPS, so they’d start queuing as Lucios, Moiras and Zens that don’t heal. Blizz has done everything they can to try to force tanking and healing down people’s throats, and still you have tons of people that just want to DPS. Being even more heavy-handed isn’t the answer.

I’d prefer if they just give people what they want and make DPS teams more viable. I’m not saying it should be meta, but it should at least be competitive with traditional 2-2-2 structures.

the skill in this game is not about aim, if you wanna just play dps go play cs go… forced role queue insists in knowing all the different strategy aspects of the game…

I feel your frustration and you have every right to express feedback (just do it appropriately). I personally still have friends that I group up with and I make new friends every season. Overwatch is by far not a dead game and it is not looking likely to be a dead game anytime soon. Right now we are all frustrated, it has been months since any new development details have been revealed, weeks since the last relevant post from a development team member. However, this has not been the first time and it will not be the last. Be assured the game will continue to grow.

Well I would imagine they would be locked out of doing so, just like when you pick it in group finder.

Forced role queue does nothing like that. It’s just a disguised punishment on DPS players. It’s essentially: “Lets punish DPS players with giant queue times to make it a miserable experience in hopes they’ll pick a healer or a tank.”

And maybe yeah, you’ll get some to pick a support that way.

Thing is that picking a support character doesn’t mean they’ll actually heal. They will be speed Lucio or Moira that never heals and goes pure DPS. These are the same people that would rather take a loss by taking 5-6 DPS in a game rather than flex, so obviously all they’re going to do is take a healer and play them like a DPS. So now instead of having Genji that’s actually going out killing people, you’ve got a Lucio being a wanna-be Genji and not healing. It fixes nothing. I hate non-healing Zen’s and Moiras more than I do someone that just picks McCree and Tracer.

HOTS is dead, WOW was buried alive, Diablo was murdered, Hearthstone has improved a lot but also its competitors, OW is getting dragged…
(no clue about sc, the only blizz game i havent played)

and the 2 reasons i wont change my title are:

• even if you are stupid you are using your brain, you always use your brain
  • I want at the end of the month when Jeff sits with blizz-act bosses to report how many passive posts they had vs how many aggressive ones…

So moderators… feel free to ban this post and store it in the black list

I basically main all tanks and supports…

when i get 5 dps in my team i cannot do anything… so you are telling me its ok for me not to be able to perform and its ok for dps to do it?

It’s a terrible situation. Believe me, I hate the 5 DPS teams too, but the thing is that by picking 5 DPS they’re pretty much saying they’re okay with losing the game. Seriously, you’re already massively penalized for going mass DPS in this game and people still do it. They’d still rather near-guarantee a loss than flex. You’ll never get this kind of player to flex. It just won’t happen. You can literally force them into playing the character you want them to play and they will not play it how you want them to. They’ll be charge-only Reins or speed-only lone-wolf Lucio’s.

The thing is that there’s no good solution here. The only way to make the situation better is in fact to just make 5 DPS a somewhat viable strategy, so you’re not guaranteed a loss when they pick that. Otherwise you’ll have to live with 5 DPS teams, or 3 DPS - 2 support teams where the supports don’t heal. Either way it’s going to suck, and applying further penalties against DPS players won’t help.

i rather have a charging rein and a wtf lucio than 5 dps… role queue works fine for LoL