Jayne has a point with XqC, we need White Lists

Those on the White List can’t be auto banned via bot, and all White Listers should be viewed manually when reported. This will cut back on false reports AND can make it apparent when people ARE false reporting.

11 Likes

I’m surprised the devs haven’t hired someone dedicated to reviewing bans for GM and popular streamers.

Like, keep the automated reports as a flag to review it. But the ban has to be triggered manually.

1 Like

There is a whitelist. Notice Steveo hasn’t been banned in awhile.

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s a torb main in the top 500 who had to be whitelisted to be able to play the game. It’s a thing already.

XQC isn’t on that list for a good reason.

16 Likes

While there is a whitelist, XQC both deserves to be on it, and doesn’t at the same time.

1 Like

The entire automated report system needs a complete overhaul. A system that can punish someone simply by quantity of reports, even if they didn’t break any rules is a total failure.

There are people who break all kinds of rules who can go unpunished because they didn’t receive enough reports against them. On the other side people who don’t break rules but might simply not do what their teammates tell them to do can lead to false reports and bans.

It’s a terrible system.

2 Likes

It’s only a thing for streamers. Everyone else that isn’t one, and isn’t notoriously toxic, is screwed.

I would just say having someone screening the top players or streamers manually would be more helpful but I don’t work at blizz.

1 Like

I actually like this idea. I don’t think some are above others in terms of rules however it’s very clear that people do enjoy griefing streamers and try to bait them. They should whitelist high profile streamers and then have people actually review them to see if they are being trolled in which case the people stream sniping etc should be punished instead.

1 Like