I've made a mechanic and I'm not sure what to do with it. (bomb defusal)

Overview:

• There are one or more bomb layers. They can plant small ‘bombs’ anywhere on a surface within 3m of them.

• Once a bomb is placed, it goes off after a period of time (e.g. 60 secs)

• Bombs audibly ‘tick’ over time and the tick interval gets shorter and shorter as the bomb nears its end.

• Non-bomb layers can defuse bombs by looking at them and holding interact for 5 seconds.

What I’m wondering now is what to do with this. I think it’s the seed of an interesting ‘easter egg’ hunt style game, where bomb layers try and place the bombs down in sneaky places. Any ideas?

Why not search and destroy gamemode

Ok my eurocents:
Lijaaaang TOWWWERS!
3 obj called towers are in diff spots of the map.
Saboteurs plants bombs that can be defused by enemy team.
Every time a bomb goes kaboom, the tower lost some height.

u can do the Hogjunk storyline too! :smiley: with one big skyscraper

Okay, I finished a first pass of the mode. Code is QJ7YT

• FFA base mode
  • One random player is chosen to be Junkrat
  • Everyone else is a defuser, and can only harm Junkrat.
  • Junkrat is invisible, has more health, moves faster, and can place ‘bombs’ (red spheres) every 10 seconds.
  • He places bombs by looking at a surface and pressing PRIMARY FIRE
  • Bombs detonate after 45 seconds. They tick faster and faster as they near explosion.
  • If a bomb explodes, ALL defusers die, and Junkrat wins.
  • Defusers defuse bombs by looking at them and holding INTERACT for 5 seconds.
  • If Junkrat dies, defusers win.
  • When Junkrat takes damage, he becomes visible for 2 seconds and shows up on everyones screen with an icon.
  • When either Junkrat or defusers win, the round ends and a new Junkrat is chosen for a new round. The map ends when score limit is reached (1 point for either team for winning)

I played an hour of it, it was pretty fun. As defusers can play any hero, there was a lot of silly messing about and it was quite entertaining. It seemed easy for Junkrat to just not do anything, so I need to add something to force him to take part (like he has X time to place a bomb or he dies). It also seemed like a round could go on forever even if Junkrat is laying bombs, so the bomb fuse time or laying time should probably get shorter as the game goes on.