I've been stuck in bronze for years. Please help!

play Soilder 80% of the time lucio 10 and rein 10

that’s how I climbed out

do not listen to your teammates, although leave comms on and make the occasionally call out

if I’m a low gold player and when another low gold player gives me advice, I can’t expect that advice to be any better than my own.

You’ll meet some good people in the Overwatch ladder, but the vast majority know exactly as much as you do about the game.

If you’re the best bronze player in the games you’re in, and you’re still losing, what you are experiencing is called “handicapping,” or more commonly known among Overwatch players as the forced 50% winrate. It is explained here : Algorithmic Handicapping (MMR) is Wrong for Overwatch

They seriously need to get rid of this because each game is constantly a coin flip, and the more games you win, the more you get stuck with the worse players out of the 12 players who were matched into the game as you.

2 Likes

yet if Defran picked up that account today he would miraculously be able to climb, so the computer knows when op is playing the account and when defran is, and when defran plays it shuts off the handicap but when op plays it turns it on?

Please stop spreading fake news lmfao.

3 Likes

The BS that goes around this forum is hilarious.

Furthermore, there’s an obvious consistency in the sort of people that tell you to take responsibility for your games, your wins and your losses (people in Dia, Mast, GM)

And the people that tell you the matchmaking is rigged, smurfs ruin the game, and it’s impossible to climb (Bronz, silv, gold)

I myself, reached 50 SR off masters, after starting in silver and have climbed 4 entire ranks to tell you this is literally how it is

There are smurfs in every rank
There are throwers in every rank
Matchmaking is NOT rigged
There WILL be easier and harder games, don’t let this fool you into thinking you’re either doing good or doing bad, but continuously assess your own performance and most importantly, LEARN BY YOUR MISTAKES

It is explained here, in the “Popular Myths” subsection of How Competitive SR Works (S16)

“Not good enough” is a load of bull, I have had 50+ Elims, Gold damage, Gold Objective time… yadda yadda, as a HANZO, yeah position is bad if I have to move the payload or whatever, sure, but that is how it is in Bronze, you have to do things you are not meant to do. That is why it is impossible to climb, skill has very little to do with it. There is no communication, there is no coordination… skill is like some myth in Bronze. I can do my job as a Hanzo, get kills, but if my tanks or healers are in positions where they get picked off easily, or whatever, and they do not listen to me about their position, and I lose, then “git gud” is NOT. THE. PROBLEM. At all.

My mistake was getting into Overwatch.

Do you know what overbuff is? Check it out, you can search your profile, see your performance, compare yourself with other players.

I can see your profile, and your stats are poor, as expected for someone in the lower leagues

Stats are a lie. I am better then what those 3 years of stats say.

1 Like

Competitive stats are reset seasonally.

1 Like
  1. do you have trash computer?
  2. do you have trash network?
  3. are you young or old?

if none of the above fits your current situation then climbing to silver shouldn’t be a issue if you read how to play the game properly

1 Like

have a few drinks and que comp. Dont take it too seriously.

1 Like

that’s me with Lucio. I love seeing the pros bumble around them walls ;u;

Have you tested Orisa? Sounds like you like do some Dmg and hold / move paylaod or point, so Orisa sounds like hero for you.

1 Like

I ignore stats because they’re really not reflective of your skill. If they add up over your whole career even if you play like a boss you’re still gonna have your noob phase in the bank

I am an old man with mostly white hair and an average computer, I can help you out of bronze :slight_smile:

i love how everyone you try to coach think they are a god, the forums are a joke

1 Like

For real? Wow, I’d like to see that level of godness.

I’m not a god… try… maybe… demigod? ;3