"I've been playing OW so long, I can remember when ___ '' (Fill in the blank)

King of the hill was 5 rounds

11 Likes

Here, i fixed it for you :wink:

4 Likes

Oh God. The horror.

“We won rounds 1 and 2, lets all switch heroes to ones we enjoy and destroy our composition.”

“NOW WE LOST ROUND 3 AND WE’RE ALL TILTED SO NOW WE NEED TO PLAY OUT TWO ROUNDS OF ARGUING BEFORE THE INEVITABLE DEFEAT!”

That is not what I wanted to be reminded of.

5 Likes

When this game used to be good.

2 Likes

I remember when widow could 1 shot body shot zenyatta and Tracer.

I remember when bastion had headshots and a personal shield, without his crit box in the back, and he couldn’t swivel 360.

I remember when genji had a bleed DoT (damage over time) with his swift strike

Those versions of Bastion and Genji were in closed betas.

I don’t believe you played in those.

Coin flips

7 Likes

I did, in one of the last waves before open beta.

Was just looking when, April 14th is when I got in. Closed beta ended in the 29th I think. (arguably it was a stress test weekend, but was still during closed beta)

I remember when Jeff posted on the forum several times a week and Overwatch was celebrated as “the game where the devs is really in touch with the community”…

:pensive:

19 Likes

When the game had 16 heroes.

Playing D.Va was the equivalent of being a suicide bomber

5 Likes

QP was no limits, Comp didn’t exist and nobody cared which hero you played.

Junkrat took self-damage from grenades and ult.

D.va died to her own ult

Zen’s orb of discord was 50% damage and he had 150 health.

Reaper had soul orbs

Voice lines that have now been removed:

Now this place? Makes me wanna be an atheist. ~ Junkrat on Nepal
He looks familiar. Hey! That’s me! ~ upon seeing another Junkrat
(Come to think of it I don’t hear his “remember, remember…” voice line anymore either. :thinking:)
Tracer: Whoa, it’s me! Is my chronal accelerator malfunctioning again?
Second Tracer: Wait, that’s what I was just thinking. Spooky.

Not that far away but the PTSD from D.va’s “BANG!” voice line. :weary:

11 Likes

symm was also the most hated hero on both sides of the map

4 Likes

When I were a young and green Overwatch player, Hog’s hook could travel through space and time. [/old man voice]

3 Likes

wasn’t overpowered, it was actually fairly balanced, and mercy was considered a troll pick at higher tiers before invincibility

9 Likes

I can remember when Bastion had his own little shield whenever he went into turret mode…

4 Likes

Using recall before pulse bomb landed refunded it. Also, it didn’t disappear if it was stuck :slight_smile:

Genji could infinitely wall climb but now has to land before being able to wall climb again, causing a buggy interaction with his wall climb where you can accidentally wallclimb without realizing it and forfeit your 1 wall climb per landing.

Dragonblade used to be 8 seconds long.

Bastion instantly killed himself on deflect basically no matter how good their reaction time was.

people actually got scared when Soldier 76 ulted. now they just punch him to death through his ult lmao.

being pulled through literal walls with hook while boosted kids cried “out of position”, “play with your team” lmao.

hanzo and symmetra didn’t even have to have you in their FOV to kill you with scatter arrow and sym’s primary fire.

self destruct used to kill baby dva.

junkrat took damage from his projectiles.

riptire wasn’t the dumbest ultimate in overwatch next to mass rez

nano had speed boost and reaper was good because there was no armor.

sym teleporter on 2cp maps was actually ridiculous

how funny it was to play against new players and get multi-kills with deflect bc they wouldn’t stop firing into it

2 Likes

… people would play 4 to 6 Torbs on CP maps.

2 Likes

When Lucio could heal the entire map

6 Likes

…the events felt fresh, new and exciting!

7 Likes