It's time to let go

I know it may be hard, but mass rez isn’t ever coming back. Instead of focusing on the past, focus on the future. Instead of focusing on mass rez focus on making mercy fun to play and play against.

Sincerely,

A (idk tbh) main

11 Likes

Agree on moving on from mass rez. I know a lot of us Mercy players want to hold onto hope that it will return in some form one day, but given Blizzard’s view on Valkyrie and balance in OWL it will very clearly not. At this point a lot of the arguments given for it returning are really redundant or are starting to sound entitled.

Either play Mercy for who she is will the entirety of her kit (which I will! I love Mercy 2.0 in a lot of ways), or move onto another support hero. She is a sidekick support hero now and always will be.

~ Muffin :cupcake:

7 Likes

In my opinion, Mercy is fun, engaging, effective, and balanced in her current state, so I (and many others who feel the same way) would not want Mercy changed

6 Likes

Damn I got baited…

1 Like

Me neither. I was saying it to the people who think that Mercy isn’t fun because her ult isn’t “rewarding” enough. Which i completely disagree.

2 Likes

You have to let it go

sorry thats what i read the title as

Here we go again, bait or not. :roll_eyes:

Even ideas outside of mass res are being ignored. The team insists on keeping Valkyrie and just tweaking a few numbers to make Mercy ‘statistically’ balanced, or so it would seem. Sadly number tweaking will not get Mercy in a perfect place, whether balanced, fun, potentially impacting, skillful or engaging.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s time to let it go will people? no it’s been what like 2 years or so I very much doubt they’re going to stop now

1 Like

this thread is 15 months too late…

I know it is but tbh most of the threads I see on the forums are about Mercy needing mass rez back, which she doesn’t.

I want to honestly give UP revive in ANY shape or form. I just want it gone, it’s a shackle on Mercy’s neck dragging her underwater at this point.

It’s clear that the team has no idea how to handle it. It’s time for us all to accept revive needs to be removed and her kit to be turned into something to PREVENT death. Out of all healers she is probably the worst healer at PREVENTING death.

“Heroes never die.” I mean out of all healers Mercy lacks the burst and the throughput of Ana and Moira and baguette and zenyatta have intense burst and lucio’s ult shield is a huge protection let alone with amp it up he heals like 50hp/s in an AOE…

Mercy is bar none the weakest healer atm. Healing only 20 more hp/s than zenyatta who can also discord orb and attack at the same time and can pop transcendence and protect the team from death.

Mercy is abysmal.

It’s time to give up revive.

I’ve even posted about this numerous times in the past.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree with his statement

Jeff has, for example, noted recently that there is a lot of interest in Mercy on the forums. If he (as one of the devs) was ignoring this character, he wouldnt have the information to make such a statements

Further, Mercy has just received a buff. That change represents the devs being attentive to mercy, not ignoring her

Finally, as a general concept, there is a difference between being ignored and being disagreed with (in part or whole). A 16 year old who just got their license may express the desire for his or her parents to buy him/her a tricked out brand new car, and the fact that his/her parents buy him/her a used chevy instead doesnt mean they ignored him/her - it means they listened, and did what they felt they could with all other factors (like in this case paying the mortgage, putting food on the table, paying the gas bill, etc etc) being considered as well. To bring this analogy in line with Mercy - the devs dont change a character in a vaccum - they change a character while considering that characters place in the game in its entirety. A buff to Mercy affects all characters, not just Mercy, as all 28 (err 29) characters need healing, for example

Bottom line - In OW just as in life in general, not getting exactly what you ask for does not necessarily mean you are being ignored

Mercy is Blizzards intellectual property, and as such, they determine what she is defined to be. So they are well within their rights to do so, if they think that is best for the game.

In my opinion, no character is perfect, nor do I expect any of them ever to be

That said, I (and many others) do find Mercy in her current state, even before the buffs announced on 20181023 go live, to be “balanced, fun, impacting, skillful , and engaging.”

A partial revert and a buff which compensates for the slower ult charge from the original nerf. But yeah, fair do. As for other parts of the reply, some of it I respectfully disagree. “Many others” is subjective, we don’t know how many truly find Mercy ‘balanced, fun, impacting, skillful and engaging’.

1 Like

Two words.
Thank. You.
Please, can everyone take the time to realize this?

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree, because I have read many other posts in these forums by many other posters who have also said that that they too find Mercy in her current state to be fun, engaging, effective, and balanced

This forum is only a small sample size, and thus can’t be considered one side or another.

Anyway, I feel like our conversation could be de-railing the original intention of this thread so I’m going to stop further participation from myself from this post. Fun chatting!

2 Likes

I 100% agree that the forum posters are a small sample size of the entire population of Overwatch players

however

the key word here is “many”

I have indeed seen many other posts form many other posters who (like me) have stated that they find Mercy to be fun, engaging, effective, and balanced

Great for you! Now the Majority of us want a Mercy who requires more skill while being fun to play at the same time. We don’t want a spectator mode as an ultimate that does everything for you and we don’t want rez to be so sluggish and unfun to use. Lot of feedback has been given to keep Mercy balanced and fun and they ignored everything, because of E Rez everything besides GA and her Pistol has been nerfed. I wouldn’t call it engaging and fun.

3 Likes

I agree with you and I will move on when they complete the rework and make her as fun, have the same potential for impact in game and have the same/similar iconic symbolism she had with mass res.

I get the feeling I’m going to be waiting awhile but that just means I get to post about Mercy more.