Its time to admit it, the symmetra rework was a failure

Just increase placement speed make it ignore railing / fences or just destroy them so they dont get so finicky. Fix tick rate. Increase health and she’ll be perfect. 2.0 was my favorite itteration i had more use out of 2.0 photon barrier then 3.0s ult. It could easily stop many ults and add so much survivability. Turret bombing is the only thing i use tp on now because i have no reason for my team to use it when half of them ignore it to begin with. Even with voice chat tp is useless because of how people are in this game. The negative stigma will never leave and thats the reason she’ll never be good or perfect in anyway new gun feels nice but the absurd tickrate ruins it for me. Tp bombing every 30 seconds is absurd. An ult thats just a big wall is boring and the slow deployment / recharge of abilities are just sad.

So many things that could easily be fixed but im not surprised that next year she might as well be reworked into a tank./s

I had a look at the interview, and I’ll put it in here for those of you too lazy.

Kaplan said that overhauls “push the reset button on balance” for heroes, and that’s why he doesn’t like them. They ask as many questions as they answer. In Symmetra’s case, for example, people who main her are still getting hate even after the rework, but Kaplan can’t be sure if she’s in a good place or not yet.
“With Symmetra, I personally am in wait-and-see mode,” he said. “There’s two elements there: One is, did we get the correct mechanics? Is this character doing the things we want them to do and occupying the gameplay space we hope that they occupy? And then the second part is the balance. We feel like, with characters like Torbjorn and Symmetra, they’re mechanically doing what we want them to do now, but I don’t know if they’re balanced correctly.”

If you read this, it states that Jeff Kaplan is actually unsure if Symmetra was in a good place or not, not that he is unhappy about the rework.

1 Like
1 Like

Lol. Keep showcasing that intellect friend.

I am smart enough at least to not blame the fire when I stick my arm into it, brother.

1 Like

So he’s happy? Or is he indifferent? No. He’s just not happy with her balance atm. Not unhappy. Just not happy.

He’s uncertain and is waiting for more concrete results.

1 Like

Whatever helps you sleep

1 Like

Just face it, the only reason people say Sym 3.0 is better is because she doesnt have autolock anymore, simple as that. They just slap on the word “unhealthy” to all her old abilities and use that as an argument. Pretty sad

1 Like

I definitely wont admit it. New sym is astronomically more productive and useful. Shes has her niche, the devs said they wanted her to be niche and it was a success.

People go on and on about her left click being sub-par.
It’s really powerful when charged to full.
Tanks and shields get absolutely shredded by it, hammond in particular is melted to oblivion if he stops for a second to challege her in ‘non-ball?’ mode i dont understand what the problem is.

Fixed.

Literally everything besides that is better. You can say its not 100 times per day, it wont make it true per ad nauseam.

What’s her niche? Vaswani Taxis?

1 Like

Stevoo. T500 sym main. 1000+ hours on Sym I think?
He prefers 2.0, and the only buff he wants is a faster TP

None of those statements are in any way true.

Source: 200+ hours on Sym

1 Like

you have 200 on symm 3.0?

why eould a throwable barrier be op? esoecially one that continually moves forward at runing speed. its massiv health but short lived. fair trade for her identity not being a tank. i actually would preffer bubbles or personal shield of 100 health like her old ability that blocks the last damage packate seperate from your health (so like zaria bubbles, diva bomb snd other insta kills could be survived) but needs 100 health lasts longer but on longer cooldown

edit: wait are you sugedting we ate out of buttons? because there is the SWITCH WEAPON button.

also try a tp deployment time of 1.5 seconds

1 Like