It's time blizzard

It’s time to have separate patches for OWL and the rest of us.

Fine tune theirs for the meta you want, but allow the rest of us more options, with as many viable heroes as possible.

77 Likes

And that’s an amen :pray:

22 Likes

Please clarify “the rest of us” because I don’t want to play on a patch designed around ranks below mine. I see so many posts complaining about Rein/Zar being in every game…meanwhile Orisa/Sigma are in every one of my games. And I think it’s a bit too much to ask to have several different patches of the same game live for different ranks. I think the onus is on lower rank players to get better at the game to be able to play other heroes, not balance the game to cater to low skill. I’ve poured a ton of hours into OW and earned my rank, I don’t think it should be any other way

10 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, but OWL isn’t a separate entity or at least the players aren’t. They play the same game as us, so they can’t be expected to play ranked with some characters and scrim and play officials as others. Recently as the most recent genji wasn’t present in the countdown cup, he was still played, players like Agilities said that he would scrim old genji but practice as the newest version, which was very disruptive

2 Likes

Honestly, even if they still balanced ranked around GM and had separate OWL balancing it would be so much better. GM and OWL are worlds apart.

2 Likes

Id pay for it , no joke , if they started a want separate balance pay 10$ on the main menu , id give them 100$.

2 Likes

“I get where you’re coming from, but OWL isn’t a separate entity or at least the players aren’t. They play the same game as us”

yeah we play in a team of 6 , with coaches.

1 Like

what does this reply even mean, they play in a team of 6, with chairs

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense to balance around the rank with the highest percentage of people in it?

3 Likes

I mean those gaming chairs and equipment most of us don’t have also help yes.

so… bronze silver gold?

rip junkrat

3 Likes

Not if you want skill to matter… There are heroes like Widow and Tracer who are barely played at all in low ranks because of their difficulty but those heroes are great in higher ranks where people can maximize them. I don’t want to play a game where Widow & Tracer are made into easy to play heroes just so they’re considered good at a Gold level

The reason I say this is I’ve seen several forum posts about Reinhardt being OP, meanwhile I see him maybe 1/3 of the time and the other 2/3 is Sigma/Orisa

2 Likes

it’s the only thing that would make sense

Gold to platinum, actually.

defeats the marketing purpose of owl. new players or prospect players couldn’t watch a pro do something sick and be like “that could be me”

1 Like

But couldn’t you same the opposite, as well?
That there are heroes played in the lower ranks that aren’t played in the higher ranks?
And balancing around gold would balance around the middle.

Lol, the average player isn’t going to go pro.
It makes sense balancing around gold-platinum, because that is the average player.

You do realize that even if they balance without OWL in mind, metas are gonna exist and there are gonna be OP and throwpick heroes as well as nerf hammers and insane buffs?

And even if they balance below GM, Brig is still gonna get nerfed, Sigma is still gonna get nerfed. Popular heroes that are played simply due to them being fun are gonna be nerfed. Nothing’s gonna change. Just different heroes nerfed or buffed and there’s still gonna be the same amount of people angry that their main got nerfed

2 Likes

hey. everyone knows that not everyone’s gonna be an esports pro. marketing is about appealing to wants and ideas, not emphasizing the sobering reality.

balancing around gold and platinum would be good for gold and platinum, yeah, but it would kill the high levels of the game. trickle-down balance doesn’t work for overwatch because of the basically infinite number of team compositions and synergies. that wouldn’t change if you just started balancing around more average players.

1 Like

You will see everything in high ranks but Junkrat is definitely less common compared to low ranks. I don’t think Junkrat needs any buffs. He’s good in the right hands. That’s why he’s so strong in low ranks

If you want your own balance patch for Gold, go for it. But I would like to keep my balance in line with what Blizzard envisions for the game

1 Like