"It's not going live!" You don't get it

That Brig nerf is going live.

i’m not going to go around in circles anymore.

Especially when I’m trying to explain why a system that mostly gather data from people try harding can be a little skewed in data wise.

Hey the tank that can take away a dps ability to headshot and CC them, which for the most part is the tank roles biggest weakness. Is definitely in no way strong against a role known for that very thing.

Like she laughs off reaper and tracer at the moment.

But it’s early days, people need time to experiment.

also have a great Night I need a bit sleep.

Technically, it depends on the Tank: they are either protecting their team, or pushing back the enemy, or sometimes both. It really depends on how the character was designed.

Also, why did you quote the entire post and not just what I said? That’s like a wall of text there before your actual comment there, buddy. Though that’s just an observation.

Really hoping Blizzard (the Overwatch team) lives up to their words about Tanks being “more fun to play” in Overwatch 2, but with their track record, it’s not looking too good. If not, welp, at least I’ve got new achievements to hunt for: though I really wished they’d tune down the more insane ones… looks at Cratered and Window of Opportunity.

I guess we just have to wait and see until 2022+.

This guy gets it. I don’t expect it will go live… unless by some miracle its a resounding success… but I do expect more and more these people to have influence unduly.

1 Like

I cant think of a single tank that generally should be in the “protecting your team” spot, except when there is a dive you think you can take advantage of. MAYBE Orisa sometimes, but even then you generally want to be pushing forward if you can.

If you think that being a tank is about protecting your team, you will not enjoy tank in OW2 because its even more pushed in the direction that you SHOULD be playing tank right now. Tank in OW2 seems to be about: pushing into them and engaging using your high damage and survivability to either get kills or create kill opportunities… aka what you should be doing right now. If anything they are probably going FURTHER from the “be their shield” style that was generally met with ire from the forum community.

Random players? Are you kidding?

The PROFESSIONAL players have a not-so-secret Discord.
The people in charge of this, were NOT the Pros.
The people enforcing “only 2 changes per hero (unless its hammond because we hate hammond)”, were NOT the Pros.
The people ridiculing balance changes because “this would ruin where I play in silver/gold”, were NOT the Pros.

Who exactly are you blaming?
Because it’s not the Professional Players. They weren’t the ones attending.
Space was, he’s one Professional Player, and all of his suggestions were well thought out and explained.

So…? Who are you after, here? The silvers? The golds? The OWL-spectator crew who enforced these rules?

And yes, there was an actual “no more than 2 CHANGES TOTAL” rule put in place. Funnily enough, the final draft includes well more than 2 changes, most of which are nerfs, to Tanks.

How much you want to bet the OW2 Tanks will be nerfed into oblivion for “dealing too much damage” or “rivaling Damage heroes”? I say 2 to 3 months after launch, and you?

I actually wouldn’t mind a variety of Tanks to play from – got every achievement for each Tank, enjoyed them all, then went on towards the Support and Damage role after, what was it, the nerf to Sigma at the start of the year? I forget. Either way, I have my alternatives to enjoying the Tank role again, and when a new hero comes out, you can count on it that I’ll try to go for their achievements too. Just a shame that the role has become rather dull for the likes of me, and probably many others.

I’ve got go now, I didn’t realize the time. If you want to further this discussion, I’ll send a reply to any of your further comments presumably the following day. I’ve enjoyed out debate though, it was rather…enticing you could say.

3 Likes

Hey don’t use Genji as scapegoat here lol. Genji was completly trashed and turned into a low skill almost overtuned mess with the changes they proposed (the blade changes are ridiculous)

1 Like

But…none of the changes they proposed today have gone live or have any plans to

What??

What???

This game is terribly and horribly managed.

5 Likes

It’s just how this game is balanced - in the end, DPS supposed to win. Which is why game is balanced in “offense has to win” direction, and whenever it’s not the case, desperate measures will be put in place to stop it.

Why Blizzard will never get proper balance? Because if you have offense and defense actually balanced, you can get stalemate, and Blizzard tries hard to avoid such situation.

Though it seems like they keep making tanks more and more reliant on ability of their teammates to survive. Which is not fun for players, that love “protector” kind of play.

1 Like

I really am baffled my this experimental - it’s not reasonable enough to be called an actual balance patch and not memeing enough to be fun (unless you happen to play any of the blatantly favored heroes).

5 Likes

Most people who came with the changes in the vids where kinda good, the panel just didn’t listen at all.

For example, Super said that you need to increase the stun on shatter but nerf the damage on Rein’s swings, they just buffed the duration of the stun.
And don’t even get me started on Genji lol…

This is exactly why I think that changes on the spot are bad, you don’t have the time to think about it or see the numbers like you will usually want to, neither do you have the time to come up with a good change, this just leads to random weird changes.

3 Likes

I am glad it happened. I hope it actually opens the eyes of at least some ppl.

6 Likes

The fact that you fail to recognize that the single worst thing for tanks was the introduction of Sigma while decrying the state of tanking in this game tells me that this thread is worthless.

dps run the game when they make up half the roster and only 1/2 of them are worth playing at any time.

talk about projection.

2 Likes

That was never established BEFORE we saw how awful their ideas were.

To suddenly say that only after we can all see how bad it is… that’s just letting them off the hook. The “shroedinger’s douchcanoe” changing whether they were serious or joking depending on how well what they said is accepted.

1 Like

Its just sort of a what-the-hell kind of XP for fun to get people talking.

That’s exactly why I’m not looking forward to OW2. They pretty much said eff u tank players. We going to destroy the entire purpose of playing tank to make it catered more towards dps. It’s just disrespectful towards main tank players at this point

The vod is on the overwatch league youtube, you can judge for yourself how seriously they take it, but they talk about alot of the changes made here as changes they want to see happen to their hero, they only had fun and memed with heroes they both dont play and never see, like torb