"It's just the experimental card"

Even if only the FORUMS community hates it

2 Likes

I think OP is typically one of the people you shouldn’t even argue with. If you’re not with them, then you’re either a GM player whose opinion doesn’t matter (because then what would you know about this game’s balance, right?) or a “noob dps otp who can’t even deal with Brig despite her being perfectly balanced”. It’s actually hilarious how many people unironically mention both arguments together.

As for the forums, I’ve seen a fair amount of support players being happy with the changes, some of my tank friends from back in 2018 want to start playing the game again. Dps players want to try picking sustained damage heroes and flanker heroes in ranked again (which, as a support main myself, I’m definitely not complaining about), but these don’t count because they don’t think like OP. And this is not accounting for the fact that people who disagree with an update are way more likely to be vocal about it than the others.

I’ve seen players being disappointed about the nerf, some pretty desperate even, but still open to rational conversation. Those you can most of the time exchange and discuss matters with, in a civil and agreeable way. If someone claims to represent “the community”, you can safely assume they’re not one of those.

4 Likes

This is hilarious. Sure. That’s why there were literal witch hunts here against all three.

2 Likes

I have nearly 1,000 hours played on Lucio, and every single thing you have said on this is wrong.

1. Ashe and Widow are my easiest targets in the game to kill, I hunt them down for sport.

2. Speedboost is Lucio’s job, it is literally why Lucio has ever been meta.

3. Rally only outperforms sound barrier if you barrier after everyone is dead. There is no pressure situation where barrier is not better outside of when the opponents have EMP.

It’s so true tho. Have you heard anyone talking about ball who isn’t meta? Or what about Bastion? Soldier? Winston? Zenyatta?

Literally all of those heroes are super out of meta, but I don’t see a single post about them, yet I keep seeing posts about mercy, brig or moira, while those 3 are way less out of meta than the heroes I just mentioned. (Brig was actually meta before this nerf, Moira is no risk extremely high reward (op in low Sr, still decent in high Sr), and mercy is still picked regularly in every rank.)

1 Like

Reverting Genji deflect buff will be so awkward since I am now used to his 2 seconds now.

Not really, all the Brigitte changes went through despite the entire community complaining that it was not the right move, but they decided to do it anyway because apparently Streamers > Entire Community, it seems to me they are just nerfing Genji’s counters so he is meta, maybe it’s just me, they nerfed Ana and Brigitte, tried to nerf Moira, now what’s next? Baptiste? Mercy?

I loved the brig nerfs stop acting like you speak for everyone

If I’m not mistaken majority of the player base sits between gold and plat… blizzard listen to minority who bring them social Media attention, they really don’t care about the larger player base who they’re killing the game for instead they’re chasing whatever attention they can get on social media and trying to imitate valorant the whole thing about them being scared to lose players to valorant is making them make overwatch less overwatch and more overvalorant… I’ve tried valorant and tbh it’s Monotonous and feels dragged out, overwatch was great but with blizzard turning more into riot well yeah… (this is where transformation memes go)

yes because the nerf was retarded not dumb. all of them are. we really need better game developers that actually listen the community and stuff like that. right now the only heroes that are heard are genji mercy dva and sometimes doomfist.

Genji nerf. That’s a good joke. Or sure, they’ll throw a Genji nerf in the experimental just to troll Genji one-tricks and nerf never goes live.

That’s because Lucio is uselessly weak in the modern game.

Except she doesn’t. Not even close.

1 Like

What I don’t get it:
Brig was nerfed because she was too strong, at least across all ranks and that is probably what caused the nerf.
Now we have the same problem with Genji

(Brig is fine, she isn’t a bad place, they needed to nerf this part of her kit for several good reasons)

Violet, the number 1 Brig, actually was the one to suggest these Brig changes.

I mean I considered it more like cringe Spanglish.

Cause yeah you’re right, 9 times outta 10 the “uu” is from weebs.

Btw beeing master or GM does not mean that they know how to balance a game. They are good with some characters but in the end they are also only player and not gods in any means. That also means that they can speak about the same things as low ranked players and still be wrong. Stop using the rank as a shield when arguments cant win anymore.

That aside: trashing brig for 0,1% of the playerbase because it was problematic that some DPS CHARACTERS could be reckless with that extra health is a no go.

Blizz have a record of “fixing around the problem” and suddenly some characters that recived little buffs over a year get problematic when the problem is finally tackeled. It was the same with brig. The last changes to armor pack was in 2018 I think when they reworked her from a hybrid into a real support with 3 charges.

Nah, he’s overperforming at the moment, and one of his biggest counters just got nerfed.

Like, statistically he’s doing too much even in a meta that he should suck in. If they don’t, they’re going to expose their double standards.

Pretty sure they’re going to have to dial him back if they’re also planning on tinkering with Moira.

you can do that WITH LITERALLY ANY HERO what