"It's High Noon"

No, I can flat out tell you that Cassidy’s roll is better.

I play Bastion a lot, and the only time his grenade jump was decent was during Mirrorwatch when it essentially acted like Junkrat’s explosive charge (including not doing damage to Bastion when it was used and having its jump potential), except that it was on a timer and not manually triggered.

It can be used for a bit of fun and can kind-of be used for map traversal, but it’s not reliable and using it in the middle of combat will just get you absolutely destroyed. Cassidy’s roll, while not nearly as ‘fun’ compared to an explosive jump, has way more utility and won’t potentially kill Cassidy if he tries to use it.

Now if Bastion had his Mirrowatch grenade? Well we’d be having a different conversation, because I used that during Mirrorwatch to launch myself behind enemy teams to flank them on Illios. I can’t do that in normal Overwatch, Bastion’s grenade doesn’t have the launching power.

Doesn’t roll also mitigate hella damage so he can literally dark souls his way outta a dva ult?

nah they nerfed it, it’s at 50% now

can he not dark souls out of dva ults anymore?

nope. 50% means 550 health when rolling

75% was 1100 health when rolling

1 Like

damn, I found it so funny he could do that

They reduced the damage reduction, but yes, he still gets some.

He won’t survive a D.VA ult, but if say an enemy like Soldier: 76 or Bastion is shooting at him, that dodge roll will reduce the damage of those bullets he’s eating, so where other heroes would die, he would survive.

He can still tank it, but he needs to be 13m or more away from the bomb to do so.

that’s ok, im just glad the mechanic can still function to some degree

yep

other fun stats is 625 hp turret bastion under the effects of cardiac overdrive (+ lifesteal), 392 hp cass in cardiac overdrive; 2400 hp ramattra block (open queue), 3,428 hp under cardiac overdrive, and i think for role queue he blocks with 3,000 hp

Yes, you don’t get to just press Q and let the game auto aim a death sentence at 5 enemy players. We’re all very sad that the tremendous effort of pressing that button didn’t result in a team wipe

1 Like

Where you getting 375 from? He has 275 hp.

Bastion can sticky jump. What?

bastion grenade jump is more mobility than cassidy roll
cassidy has the weakest mobility option in the game. you can’t get away from anyone with it if you’re in the open. all it’s useful for is a quick dodge back to behind cover and to reload your gun.

lol. During her alt, she’s a sitting duck.

Scroll up.

The sticky jump is not really viable in combat for two reasons.

1. It does damage to Bastion when it’s used, so if you’re getting shot at when you try to use it, the damage from the sticky jump can kill you. The only time it didn’t cause damage to Bastion was during Mirrorwatch.
  2. It’s on a timer, unlike Junkrat’s explosive charge which won’t detonate unless you r-click. So if you drop it at your feet but don’t move into the correct position in the second it takes to explode, you could go absolutely nowhere or worse, get blown back into the enemy team if you’re trying to use it to escape.

Also, it doesn’t have a lot of jump power. It did in Mirrorwatch, I know because I used it extremely well to flank enemy teams by launching myself over their heads (especially useful in Illios on the ruins map) but the normal version of his sticky jump doesn’t send him flying that far.

Still fun to use on occasion, but I wouldn’t consider it ‘mobility’ especially where it matters, which is in combat.

Its 100% mobility. Its not huge, but neither is cassidy, its more a damage mitigator reload. Which is why people are mentioning it. Would have been better to say ana.

It really isn’t. Sure, it can allow you to have a ‘fun leap’ over certain low obstacles, or allow you to get up to areas where you wouldn’t be able to get to normally, but it isn’t really usable in combat, which is where these mobility abilities matter.

For example, if you get yanked into Orisa’s ultimate as Bastion, you can’t sticky jump out. By the time you turn, drop the grenade, walk over to it and jump to launch yourself out, Orisa has already activated the ult after charging and you’re dead. Likewise with Sigma’s ult, Illari’s ult, D.VA’s ult. If you try to ‘sticky jump’ out, you can’t, you’re either caught in the ult and you’re dead, or you’re just dead.

Where as Cassidy’s roll can get you out of all those situations. You can roll out of Orisa’s ult radius, you can roll out of Sigma’s AoE (provided he didn’t drop it directly on you). You can roll away from where Illari throws her ultimate sun ball and you can roll behind cover or into a building to evade D.VA’s ultimate.

And obviously, that’s not a comprehensive list of all heroes ultimates and which ones Cassidy can roll away from, where Bastion will get hit 99% of the time.

And speaking specifically on Cassidy’s roll, as I said further up in the thread, Cassidy’s roll is on par with other heroes mobility options. It allows you to travel just over 6m in any direction, which is not as far as say, Hanzo’s leap, but a smidge further than Lifeweaver’s rejuvenating dash. So it’s not like he has a pathetically short roll that does nothing compared to other heroes.

now pair it with widow’s hook, hanzo climb & leap, soldier running, tracer blinking, ashe shift, reaper shift, sombra’s jump, junk jump, genji dash and deflect, sojourn slide and jump, sym teleport, venture underground echo and phara, do you see the problem ?

Hate to break it to you, but unless Rat is already right by a corner he could walk to in time, this isn’t saving him from High Noon the vast majority of the time.

1 Like