It's becoming impossible to enjoy competitive

Of the 15 role queues I played recently more than half were throwers, teams that just quit one by one, or teammates that gave up after the first round and either quit or basically threw.

I’ve honestly never experienced this much gameplay sabatoge consecutively and idk if there is some kind of player Rebellion going on currently and maybe there isn’t anything that can be done about it idk, but it has pretty much made competitive impossible/redundent when I cant progress due to these ridiculous matches. I’m not sure if I’m the only one who’s been experiencing this (xbox) but it doesn’t seem to be a case a mere bad luck.

Actually the only safe competitive mode right now is competitive 6v6 elims, which I do like but matches take long to find and it kinda sucks having only one comp option.

5 Likes

Welcome to the “end of season”.

3 Likes

And the beginning of season, if you’re lucky you get 1 or 2 good days somewhere in the middle and that’s it everything else is going to be a big sh*tshow.

1 Like

This ain’t my first rodeo, and this the first I ever hear of roosters crowing at midnight

You’ve never lived with farm hens and roosters, have ya? :wink:

yeah plus its getting worse and worse as years go by and blizzard stuggles to balance anything… i’ve always said Blizzard is good at releasing content they just cant balance it if their lives depend on it.

Dwindling player base is really starting to hurt outside of peak hours and days. I’ve noticed a drop in quality games in QP and comp slowly. I’m in Bronze which is where smurfs like to play. Bronze seems harder than ever before despite me increasing in skill. I only play occasionally however.

I’m on PC which probably helps a bit. I don’t know how popular the game is on console but why not switch to PC where there’s a larger player base?

1 Like

While it would be fantastic if everyone could just swap to the preferred device, not everyone has a PC powerful enough to run this game.

4 Likes

Read this with McCree’s voice in your head.
Then read this with Rein’s voice in your head.
Then read this with Torb’s voice in your head.

Congrats, if you’ve laughed then you’ve decreased your Overwatch tilt by 7% :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This made me laugh way to hard.

2 Likes

Yep. I quit playing Competitive a few seasons ago because the smurfs, throwers & griefers on Xbox are out of control and Blizzard haven’t done anything to curb them.

(Yes, I know that Jeff acknowledged smurfing was a problem and said they’re working on a fix for when Overwatch 2 releases, but he said that was a year ago and the problem has only grown exponentially since then. It needs a solution now, not in a year or so’s time when Overwatch 2 finally releases!)

I mean the problems of PC with a dwindling population base are probably magnified on consoles where the population isn’t as big as PC.

This might sound funny, but I would take the console smurfs over the abundant amount of aim hackers on PC, 365 days a year. At least smurfs can be focused down, but that aim hacker on Junkertown point 1, just no counter play.

1 Like

Competitive play is broken because every match is handicapped with Match Making Rating. Consequently, the ranks are a mess and there is no correlation between rank and skill. More information:

Smurfs can only be focused down through teamwork. That rarely exists on console because everyone is usually in their own group chats instead of being in team chat in game.

You might not believe this, but it’s really not much better on PC, the amount of people who leave VC the second they join the game, the 10-15 year old squeakers screaming in their mic, and people playing with their friends using Discord chat, since the in-game chat (for me anyhow) sometimes doesn’t register my PTT button.

1 Like

Comp is a miserable experience unless you are a smurf or full stack.