It's a shame the Moira changes are being overshadowed by the fade thing

Guess we’ll see.

Slower also means it sticks for longer.

It’s not a direct hit, it’s 1m range.

no, at 2 meters you are at 25 damage per second. 1/2 of what orb already does.

You know where they say it does 25-150 depending on how close you are?

And it has a 2 meter max radius… so at 2 meters it does 25…

Because at 2.000001 meters it does 0.

I have plat aim and didn’t notice any difference whatsoever.

I’m sorry but only players held back by their own faults think this way. She’s a high skill hero, top half easily.

3 Likes

Too many people ONLY see her when it is tele to point, and throw turrets.

They don’t see her in the cases where she is weaker.

IF you are using her to get to Hanamora A, and switch off, she doesn’t take a lot of skill, to be fair.

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. Because damage scales linearly down to the max range with of 3 meters, and the lowest damage reached is 25 DPS.

So at 1 meter it still does 150 damage, at 3 meters it does 25 damage; 150-25/1-3 =62.5 damage lost per meter of distance. Between 2 and 3 meters it’s basically doing no damage at all because of how harsh the scaling is, but it isn’t doing 25 DPS until it hits 3 meters.

Edit: I see where the confusion was

Your max range is off.

Ah, sorry, I thought it was 3-2 not 4-3

at 3, then yes, it does more than the old orb.

Yep. It’s only when they’re caught by turrets and are slow to react, or their team falls for a TP strat.

Nevermind how she’s performing for 95% of the rest of the match and the amount of effort she has to put in to try to match the output of other DPS heroes.

When most people have switched off her…

At 3 it’s doing 25; at 2 it’s doing 62.5 DPS; more than the old orb, but not by much, and between 2 and 3 it’s almost certainly doing less.

Yeah, but I think that is ok.

It is slower, and MOST of the time should be doing less overall. UNLESS she catches you by surprise, then she will burn you to the ground, but that isn’t a bad thing.

But you were right, 2 meters IS more damage than before.

1 Like

Yeah no it’s gonna be great. I think the counterplay is going to be a little more confusing now, because you certainly don’t want to be getting closer to it anymore to make it pass by faster. You’d have to run away perpendicular from it.

Throw it on Melee range and then fade away, you get 1 second invulnerability too

“don’t take an orb to the face” sounds like the counterplay.

And what? it won’t kill someone. if you leave, then you haven’t finished the job. You are still going to have to beam and melee them.

I’m pretty sure you know this but Moira is a support

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter how it breaks down in numbers, 150 is way more bursty than current orb, which only really killed anything from random tosses that hit low enemies.

Expetimental orb will will threaten full HP squishies and it’s not like she is Zen.

Yes… I’m not sure you have noticed, but the supports DO have guns for a reason.

She is meant to be scary to the flankers, she is, and needs higher skill to do so now, but she isn’t meant to just die to them.

Yep.

4 Likes

yes, so do all of them are able to deal 150 dps on a button press?

she also doesn’t require more skill, at least not with the orb

Most of them if they hold the fire button down? They even go way higher.

If you stand there and take the orb to the face without getting out, then, maybe, you should be threatened by it.

2 Likes

It’s not so much that, because frankly that was always part of it. On live, you want to walk into Moira’s orb so that it passes you by faster and you take less damage as a result, and Moira players have been explaining that for years.

The deaf ears will remain deaf until it’s convienent to remember “hey you said to walk into the orbs for years to avoid them”, but that won’t work anymore since now people have to run away at an angle to get out of range as quickly as possible.

Just so we’re clear, you’re saying that Moira can kill a squishy hero by walking into melee range, using an ability that is going to have a pretty high skill floor, and then running away. And when confronted with “that’s not going to kill anyone,” you responded with “of course not she’s a support”?

1 Like