It took less than a day for the DPS queue to go above 10 minutes for competitive

Grouping with tanks shaves maybe a minute off, and I’m still spending the same amount of time waiting in custom games :thinking:

Please add 1-3-2 to competitive Blizzard.

There is no wait to join a custom game as long as the game is not filled.

If you want to play DPS but don’t want to wait, then go play death match

2 Likes

1-3-2 made every role more fun. DPS for obvious reasons.

• Most tanks were buffed, and with greater focus from supports, became super strong. I think tank was the most fun in the mode as you basically got to be OP.
  • Supports became engaged play-makers, rather than spending most of their time being a heal-bot because you have two tanks to block both the enemies DPS from doing anything to you. Most support heroes can duel DPS heroes you know.

2-2-2 exists because it was the most effective composition that wasn’t completely degenerate like 3-3 metas. It wasn’t selected by what made for better gameplay.

Tank main here, biggest benefit of 1-3-2 was how much it improved the fundamental gameplay. Better queues for many players is just frosting on the cake.

1 Like

But I want to play competitive, not farm noobs in FFA.

Please add 1-3-2 Blizzard, people shouldn’t be waiting 10 minutes to play the advertised first-person shooter part.

Notice how he said “we’ll see how it settles”. Saw a Reddit post and confirmed it in my game as well that the queue times for dps converged to their normal long waits by the end of the experiment… they definitely won’t implement it if they got that result.

8 Likes

My queue times still weren’t above 3 minutes on the last day.

That’s a lie and you know it.
132 forces supports to stay back and pump healing into the tank so they don’t disintegrate, while also trying to keep 3 DPS, and the other healer alive. ALSO while fighting off flankers

Stress /=/ fun

That doesn’t make them any more fun

Then either wait, group up, or play another role

“I want to get a degree but don’t want to go to college!”
It’s a horrible complaint. If you want it, sometimes you got to wait.

It’s like an actor complaining lack of jobs. Like duh, you want to be an actor. If you want that job either wait for an opportunity or do something else.

5 Likes

I’m already going to college for a degree, no complaints about that. The actor analogy doesn’t even make sense. Bottom line is that people shouldn’t be waiting for so long to play the FPS part. You already know what the problem is though, but please keep trolling to get me more traffic.

Not a lie at all. In 2-2-2 the support commonly sits behind their tank wall simply healing. Little interaction with the enemy because the meatty tank wall separates you.

In 1-3-2 while you can position well with your tank and the map to stay safer, you don’t have a tank for every enemy DPS, and it is necessary to engage with the enemy players. Yes it’s a bit harder to keep your DPS alive, which is another benefit. It make supporting your DPS in duels and interesting challenge.

I sympathize that if you’ve gotten accustomed to playing a semi-afk heal-bot style of support it might seem stressful, but it’s better gameplay. A role that 1/3rd of players must perform shouldn’t be made passive. A passive hero choice (like Mercy) is perfectly fine, but not the entire role.

Buffs + support focus made the tanks crazy fun. It is absolutely fun to be super strong and get to wail on enemies as the mega-tank. Of course you don’t have to play tank if you don’t like the role.

2 Likes

You don’t have to wait so long though

You litterally make a choice at selection screen to wait for 10 minutes.

If you only want to play DPS then you just have to wait. If you don’t want to wait then to bad, go play another game.

6 Likes

Project A, if it doesn’t end up a flash in the pan, is going to be stealing DPS players. If anything, it will solve the queue problem and not exacerbate it.

2 Likes

Perhaps you bought the wrong game, then :thinking:

18 Likes

Anecdotal bias.

:sun_with_face:

1 Like

You make a choice to either wait 3 minutes to play a first-person MOBA split between 2 roles, or wait 10 minutes to play the advertised first-person-shooter part of the game. Something’s wrong there.

Not a good business model for Blizzard to have when new arena-style team-based FPS games are coming out. It might be a good model if they want queue times to go down though.

1 Like

Im a tank main too. The biggest benefit was some tanks were made blatantly OP, while most of the other changes brought them almost to where they were at before 2-2-2 (when no one liked soloing with them then). As we’ve seen from how blizzard has been handeling tank balance for 4 years now, most likely all those nice buffs would have been sledgehammer nerfed into oblivion.

In the meantime, 1-3-2 destroys tank synergy and makes the entire healer role frustrating and difficult to play.

Far more is lost than gained.

10 Likes

That’s an opinion, mine is that 1-3-2 made all three roles more fun and put the game in a much better state.

People played the game for 3 years before this change suddenly introduced disproportionately long queue times for anyone wanting to play a DPS hero - a pool of heroes that comprises more than 50% of the entire roster.

A developer choice introduced this problem well into the life of the product; it’s not unreasonable for customers to expect the devs to fix the problem, especially when it affects such a large group.

3 Likes

It took a community crying for months demanding role lock to make the DPS queue above 10 minutes. Now the same community is crying for any reason to make 1-3-2 a forced thing because it’s bored of what it did to OverWatch with forced 2-2-2. You had freedom to choose and run any composition you pleased, yet you insisted to only play the meta that YouTube channel said was the best. You insisted if the OWLS were’t running it, it was a waste of time.

The community would lash out, attack, blamed, reported anyone on your team trying something different. Instead forcing on players actually making comp matches a struggle for people. By this time in OverWatch we could have probably had some type of system to ban those players from Comp that season. Instead the community cried for a parental lock on OverWatch and now it’s spitting in Jeff’s face till it get 1-3-2. This community have no respect for this game or it’s devs.

Am I interpreting this correctly? You don’t want a change simply because it benefits somebody who isn’t you.

And then you call said somebody selfish.

Wack.

4 Likes

Where’d you pull this from? No-one on ladder played 3/3meta below Masters. People wanted 2/2/2 so they would also be guaranteed tanks and supports on their team while also playing the role they wanted to play. That’s where the demand for 2/2/2 on ladder came from.

Do you genuinely believe they added this feature to ladder for no other reason bar the pro players not having to play GOATs?