It is unacceptable for Overwatch 1 to be ignored while Overwatch 2 is in development

Riot games has like 5 different games in development and League of Legends is doing better than ever.
They’re even getting a new digital group and amongst all, they still manage to make new heroes.
I’m just saying, if League of Legends was treated like Overwatch, there would be either

• major community outcry
  • or
  • the game would slowly rot and die
3 Likes

New hero or riot (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The game is 4 years old and past its prime. OW 2 is fresh and new so it makes sense.

Plus they said anything added in OW 2 will come to OW 1 except the PVE stuff, and Jeff had to fight with Activision to get that.

1 Like

You sound confident about this. Do you have a source? You work for Blizzard or something?

1 Like

I’d be curious to see the research that says OW2 is something the players want. I think Blizzard is going to badly overplay their hand on that. Nobody wants to see OW2 eSports, that’s for sure. With that kind of investment, you could do some amazing things with OW1.

1 Like

how is overwatch 1 going to make money?

I want this for the LFG… QoL for the LFG

lots of people want guilds and scoreboards, how are these features going to be budgeted for?

I’d like for them to make a commitment that 5%+ of OWL revenue will be put towards developoing Overwatch PvP. above and beyond new heros and maps and balance changes.

Overwatch is awesome, everything that touches it is lackluster. Overwatch is a game for 6 friends not 6 strangers. Half the fun of war takes place at headquarters.

We finally got replays thank goodness! Now let’s take Overwatch to the stratosphere!

Guys, what if we took a years worth of content from the original overwatch, delayed it and packaged it to build up hype for our overpriced expansion pack, it’s GENIUS.

3 Likes

Yeah but fortnite is a GIANT compared to the little ant which is overwatch .

Been thinking about that the first time I found out what ow2 is. Kinda genius indeed ,

It seems having free content played apart in determining whether or not Overwatch was even bought or continued to be played. Let alone that Overwatch wouldn’t have succeeded from a divided player base with pay to win elements.

“We need Orisa, did anyone here purchase her?”.
“My queue times are so slow because too many ppl don’t have the maps”.

LOL the industry standard is to realease the game, support it for a year with 1 or 2 dlc packs, then leave it to die.

they absolutely did, youd have to be stupid to deny that.

an entirely fleshed out campaing with skill trees, items, cutscenes and replayable missions for every map is not something you would have gotten. Granted you wont get it unless you buy OW2, but to be so stupid as to think nothing is being added?

Cry more and suck your thumb whiny manchild.

I mean over 3 years Overwatch generated $1 billion from microtransactions. That’s not exactly insufficient for covering the update costs or justifying continued support.

Additionally, part of the reason these games generate more revenue is BECAUSE they have the frequent updates.

This is true, they are not technically breaking this promise. In fact they are still keeping it as they will even be releasing content before OW2.

It doesn’t mean we can’t or shouldn’t be allowed to express our concern that they’ve set expectation without really tempering them.

Part of the reason Blizzard has become the trusted brand it is today is by how it’s constantly evolved how it’s provided its game content toward community expectations.

Blizzard is still one of the better companies in terms of post -release content support but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement and they definitely won’t improve it without prompting.

Literally Jeff Kaplan saying that the entirety of the OW team is focusing on OW2?

seems like a good way to anger your playerbase that still plays the game… like me

i like that overwatch 2 is going to come out, i asked for more lore and pve. the combining of clients so you don’t lose anything was a great idea. everything sounded great untill jeff said 2 things

1.) at least one new hero would be announced. ( i know it could be more but why not say we’ll be on the same schedule) and that they we’re going dark.

2.) they will probably be talking about it at blizzcon next year.

that was shocking. that sounds like candy coated “we really won’t be doing much for the live server for at least a year, hope you stick around because we won’t give you a reason to”

For new content yes. There will still be skins, balance changes and bug fixes to current OW which means there are people working on it. It’s also believed that one of the heroes will be released before OW2.

They have not abandoned OW1. They will still be releasing content for it just that a large chunk will be released at the same with with OW2.

Lol you realise that all the normal game-play stuff (besides PVE) is coming to OW1 too right? it’s literally the same game - OW1 still gets - The new maps, the new heroes, balance changes, and game modes

Have you read the announcement at all?

Go ahead! Don’t accept it! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Almost every thing show cased with OW2 was made with reused assets from OW1 and will get played through in less than a week, calling it an entirely new game when it’s just a canned Anniversary event is laughable In the meanwhile the content drought will kill off streaming and youtubing, after which the sales of the sequal will flop when the audience moves on. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a joke at this point.

That’s a good boy, now sit.

boy you sure are dense. You continue to refuse to see an entire campaing is being added to the game.

That’s fine, you want to look vacuous, that’s on you. calling it reused assets when its the sequal is probably the dumbest thing ive heard anyone say, what are they going to do? scrap all the characters and the way the game is played? you really that stupid?

There isn’t a single sequal in the world that doesn’t reuse assets from its last game.

cry more moron.

Activision controls Blizzard now, the people in charge at the top are people with backgrounds in finance, not gaming.

They wont hire more people because the bottom line is their priority.

No argument, just blind acceptance of an epansion pack being built on a new engine when it borrowed the exact same game mode from the old engine and just results in massive content delays for a few cut scenes and an easy buck that presumably no intelligible person would actually buy.

Totally look forward to not seeing you when you get bored in the mean time and drop off, buh bye now Rover.