It is time to leak the content creator meeting

Hilarious non-answer. Heh heh.

1 Like

Thank you for your optimism Jodie.

However, I just wonder who is making these decisions and will it make sense in the end ? You understand our frustration yet don’t or im guessing cannot do anything about it. It seems to make little sense.

My question is why does everything have to be so secretive? I totally understand and will accept a delay to OW2, if that’s what is necessary to make the game great.

I just would appreciate clarity and transparency rather than vague comments that only leave people more confused and unfortunately often frustrated.

Just say something like hey, look out for February where we will show more about overwatch 2 (this time last year, i personally was much happier, having blizzconline to look forward to). Any hope will do, just something rather than being completely clueless as to what’s going on. You don’t need to give us heroes, animated shorts etc (though obviously we would love them). Just give us dates for the next ow2 thing (big or small). just some hope for the community to grasp onto.

Sorry for getting a little ranty. It’s out of passion and love for this beautiful game and i just want to see it doing well and see positivity, hype and excitement among the community again. have a good day y’all :slight_smile:

Edit: also im aware the overwatch League is playing an early build of ow2 in April, however this isn’t particularly amazing for the everyday casual player. we can make assumptions with that deadline but i think it would be more beneficial to hear directly from team 4 about plans, rather than speculation based on contradictory assumptions that leave us confused. why does important info have to come from others sources (e.g. ow2 release window from actiblizz earnings meeting). it would be so much better if we could hear first hand from the people who put so much hard work into this franchise.

7 Likes

we understand, Jodie. we hope well. :crossed_fingers:

waiting for “something”, I’d like to know if you’ve ever noticed some small details in the game. :hugs: so far it is something that continues to fascinate me despite the lack of novelty (at least as long as I can entertain myself with them :sweat_smile:).

I know it’s completely beyond your control, that community managers aren’t in any sort of position to be announcing anything and that when/how announcements are made is also not your call, so I’ll just give some feedback.

It kinda sucks that we have to tune into Activision-Blizzard corporate financial reporting meetings to find out any “development news” about OW2. I get that it must suck for you people to be the ones to have to say “OW2 is delayed”, but a blog post could have conveyed the same message without us having to tune in to the last quarterly results. It would also let you folks get ahead of the message instead of allowing the gaming ‘jouralists’ to control the narrative.

My point isn’t “I want more info and I want it now”. It’s more “We’re going to find out something on February 3 when your company posts its 2022 projections. Can you (Blizzard) please be a little more friendly about it?”

I don’t envy your position, but you’re doing a great job. All the best :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This means the world to me thank you

Idk, the love that gets put into the game might show up and IMO it should satisfy us, I’m just praying for

*Soon
*The blizzard thing gets sorted out or at the very least doesn’t diminish what the team has worked on so far

oh and a demo but that’s unlikely

It’s been a month since the meeting. The meeting was December 15th or 16th.

this is much better, though still a promise but I do understand that your hands are tied and that the decisions for the future of the game lie elsewhere, what you should know is that some of us are doing what we can to stay in love with this game and it’s not easy specially when devs seem to laugh in our faces everytime they speak, that’s why I said this before and I’ll repeat it again, no more excuses, no more promises, just deliver the game

2 Likes

#SaveRedDeadOnline
Also dis game still vaporware.

1 Like

How about an apology? I wonder if we’ll ever get one of those. We surely deserve one. Several, really.

We’ve been lied to countless times, about upcoming news and better communication. Never materializes. Haven’t seen Aaron Keller since…last summer, maybe? Love when the game director goes MIA as the game is delayed. Great sign.

Worst of all, every piece of bad news has come via investor calls rather than told to us directly. We were never told OW2 wasn’t going to be out in 2021, that was an investor call. Jeff even said he was glad that information got out so our expectations were properly set – just so long as he didn’t have to be the one setting them, I guess.

We also weren’t told directly that OW2 was delayed and won’t be out in 2022 – that was an investor call, too. Can’t wait until the next one, to see what other bad news you guys were too cowardly to tell us.

Actions speak louder than words, and this game and its players have been abandoned for years. I can really feel the “love” you guys all have for the game. For sure. No plan whatsoever to bridge the gap between games, and no roadmap to tell us how long we’ll be in this excruciating purgatory.

Heard that a million times before. No idea why it’s such an impossible task to give a rough roadmap or set a date for some bit of communication. Well, unless nothing’s actually finished, which seems to be the case. When Bap’s new skin is your big showcase event, you know there’s nothing else remotely ready to show.

13 Likes
3 Likes

Glad to see someone else isn’t buying this baloney every time a blue post appears.

6 Likes

I don’t recall Redshell ever being invited.

People wanted a PvE or campaign since release. Overwatch get most of their ideas from Valve. So overwatch PvE is going to copy left 4 dead alot. Left 4 dead got tons of replay value. If they can push the PvE to a left 4 dead standard. With more replay value. And modern elements. The PvE will push overwatch further. The majority of any popular game. Are “casuals”. We are the minority. Even with this 5 year old game with no new content. We are still the minority. A good and replayable PvE will be good for casuals or people that want a fun time. The more audiences overwatch touch. The more content we will get in the end.

2 Likes

i just hope that they remember the sombra ar media campaign or whatever it was, and how dragging it out too long did not help her launch. so a little crumb o content would be nice :stuck_out_tongue: beta announcement would be golden but i imagine that’s a ways away. just some more video would be nice. hell, you could tide us over with a new animated short for sure lol. there is such a thing as too much secrecy. example that shows i’m an old dinosaur:

gmail launched with like 10 invites to your friends, later expanded to 20 or something, and constantly refilled to the point that the “exclusiveness” of the beta was more common mythology than reality. you did need to find a friend who still had a spot that month, but it wasn’t too hard. which meant by the time it launched, everyone had a gmail account already and it was to the moon from there

google did not learn correctly from this hype experience. they tried to artificial enforce the scarcity of google plus accounts during its beta, and dragged it out way too long. yes you had invites, but they did not renew them. and i was not inviting dozens of friends to it by the end of the experience. which meant that during the beta it stayed quite a deadzone which was death for a social media website (same for games) and when it launched none of your friends had it so why be there?

make the beta huge. and don’t stretch the secrecy too long or there will be no fuel for the fire of hype, it’ll be running on fumes.

a GAME theory

1 Like

You mean things to loudly proclaim terrible and trash talk (whether the content is good or not) until the devs rework their ideas in development for the 1239812903180th time because of the backlash

Um… I can’t speak for the people that complain about everything…

Im more intresting with “more Heroes” from trailer.
But my interest and hype is getting low when we seen hero called by community (sorry to say it) “the another f’ing dps” and that’s all.
Meka squad is not give you sure that they would be in game.
Other role than dps are in need of Heroes.
Tanks got 8 Heroes and support 7 while DPS got 18. 18!!! How is that fair?
Echo at first was a support and saddly shes turns it to DPS. She get deranked to be just a DPS.

Right now im waiting for pve info, PvP is no longer intresting me.

2 Likes

I wonder if people realize the reason blizzard doesn’t actively interact with the forums is the hostile nature. That vinegar ain’t honey.

4 Likes