It finally happened

MY GIRL FINALLY GOT MORE LORE. AFTER 5 YEARS. AFTER 5 DUCKING YEARS.

PHARAH FINALLY MADE ANOTHER APPEARANCE, AND IT WAS SO FREAKING AWESOME TOO! EVERYBODY BEGGING HER TO JOIN OW! THE REUNION WITH ANA! THE AVIATOR SKIN!

I FINALLY CARE ABOUT OVERWATCH LORE AGAIN!

AND NEXT ISSUE OF THE CASSIDY COMIC WILL HAVE BAPTISTE!

Sorry, just a little bit excited.

9 Likes

I’m still processing it, but it gave me a good first impression( read it very quickly because I’m busy right now)

I find funny how they made her armor into a backpack. It only reinforce the fact that most of the ow heroes design is like someone with a special something straped on their backs.

—Spoilers—
I like the fact that Pharah didn’t join OW right away, it makes more sense this way.
But is unsatisfying that they didn’t explain how Ana stopped her from joining OW in the past. They just went with vague words.

Ps.: Our girl looks soo good :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That backpack looks way too small to hold the wings, rockets and BAZUKA, but at this point I don’t really care about the logistics XD

I also liked that she had declined several offers to join OW and had grown into her role as a captain in Helix. Pharah gets infantilized as this star struck fangirl waaaaaay too often by the fandom and it would have been incredibly disappointing from a character development perspective if she had abandoned her mission at Helix immediately to join OW, an organization that is still illegal and has to be built from the ground up again. The comic, as short as it was, did a good job within those restraints to show why she would consider going back to OW and how it could offer things that Helix can’t.

6 Likes

Bloody hell, I totally agree!
I like that there is a strong appeal to the in-game interactions between Ana and Pharah. Someone will have noticed that the voicelines are very similar. In any case, Pharah remains very relevant to her character: she is lonely and that she needs time for herself, to reflect on the new developments happening around herself. Skin Maverick is great for putting pharah in context in this comic without the official kit. and that backpack-transformer? maybe just the presence of the helmet is a little unnatural but that’s okay. What I like most about this comic is pharah’s reaction. She learned of her mother in her letters. I mean, they haven’t forgotten that Ana wrote to Pharah that she is still alive (Ana Origins), and that makes the scene natural between Pharah’s anger and emotion.

The only flaw in this saga, so far? Perhaps the very scarce reference of the environments with the game maps. and perhaps also the enemies: very boring and not at all highlighted as a threat except in the dialogues of the heroes.

And let’s talk about the big news: Romania? What does it have to do with D.VA or Zarya? it is against all our expectations, and this … I like it very much. Was it possible that D.VA and Zarya were just an example of “famous heroes” shown by Ana? Or is Zarya there? all this seems really strange to me, Siberia is not there.

Baptiste’s presence … I don’t know if it convinces me. Or rather, I would like it to be closely related to when he said in the mini-story that he wanted to find Dr. Ziegler (Mercy) with Sombra’s help. This makes it very credible that Baptiste is in Egypt. But the comic suggests that there may be no connection to Mercy (which was one of the reasons Baptiste moved out of Port-de-Paix) so … this confuses me. Why would Baptiste suddenly chase McCree without getting to Mercy, a colleague of his that he has already met in Venezuela?

In any case, so far this saga has had infinitely superior Hype than London Calling gave, and this is absolutely a good point!

6 Likes

exactly. Maybe there’s a certain repetitive subtext in Ana, but they concretely gave the right spaces to Pharah’s emotions and they don’t decide to put too many things into it like London Calling did (you may have understood that I didn’t like the ending of that saga at all :rofl:)

2 Likes

The helmet too. At first I thought she called her armor in an Ironman kind of way, I had to double check.

If it was only the fandom it wouldn’t bother me that much, it misinterprets stuff all the time. The problem was the writers themselves used that interpretation a lot. To the point that made me worry.

1 Like

I couldn’t get past the third issue of London Calling so I completely understand your frustrations with that series, I think it helps that this one is just Cassidy rounding up the gang Nick Fury style so it’s a more casual “Hero of the week” kind of thing.

Just like the Falcon from MCU. Plus, Overwatch sets in the future and Helix probably offers some cool techs. Tony Stark had some cool gadgets when he’s not in his suit, small devices expand into medium-large equipment.

I agree. She had her squadmates in Helix too, meanwhile her formerly deceased captain told her to look after them like her family members.

3 Likes

well, it was actually a very interesting saga in the first three volumes, but each end of the chapter created a climax that was immediately trivialized on the first page of the next volume. London Calling initially gave us some great views of London, some chronological notions of Alive and Recall and above all a little piece of Omnic philosophy quite consistent with Stone By Stone. But the last two volumes of that saga are … unjustifiable. Too many unresolved subplots and unrealistic motivations. I really wish there was a way to rewrite those two volumes in particular, they are more unworthy of the inconsistencies in Research. :triumph:

but we’re not here for what could have been better, but for what is unexpectedly interesting. :hugs:

somehow she has taken on responsibilities over the years, cultivating a different dream than Overwatch.

3 Likes

It’s a stop on the way to Russia.

The next issue could explain this, but maybe he did meet with Mercy, and she declined to bring him to Overwatch (knowing the others wouldn’t work with an ex-Talon member) and sent him to seek out Ana (and Cassidy) instead.

link maybe?

Damn even in lore pharah get’s shot down easily

FELLOW PHARAH STAN HERE: WE DID IT!!! I could not stop posting about it on Twitter and I could not be happier!!!

3 Likes