Issues with QuickPlay After Today's Patch

I am aware this isn’t a bug but is in fact a conscious decision of the developers; with that said, it might be best if they play this off as a bug as the latest patch is bound to anger the majority of the player base. Not just those in favor of Role Queue, but also those who were vehemently opposed to it.

My group and I were extremely hyped for Role Queue after seeing it on the PTR. We were going to be able to have balanced games even if we couldn’t have our entire 6-man together. We’d be able to try out different variations on 2-2-2 to see what works in QP before we take it to competitive.

Blizzard/Activision has really messed up on this. We went into QuickPlay and were confused when we weren’t asked to lock in our roles. When we did get into a match we were greeted with insta-locking which immediately locked out the Damage Role (My main role.) We were only able to get through one match before quitting QuickPlay in favor of Competitive where we can choose the roles we want.

In Quick Play, the Role Queue system will allow us to determine each player’s matchmaking rating (MMR) on a per-role basis. This enables us to matchmake Quick Play games based on the MMR for each player’s chosen role. In addition to giving players more freedom to play the roles they want, we believe this will also result in games that are fairer, more appropriately matched, and ultimately more fun overall.

This right here is a half-baked attempt at appealing to both sides, those who wanted Role Queue and those who didn’t, and in the process making everyone hate it.

Either implement Role Queue or don’t. You can’t force 2-2-2 in QuickPlay if you aren’t going to allow us to choose the roles we want to play. You are forcing the entire player base to play Competitive if they want an even somewhat enjoyable experience.

I hope Blizzard pays attention, because they are liable to loose a good chunk of the player base over this short-sighted decision.

3 Likes

What was blizzard’s Overwatch team thinking with this latest patch. This first to load in first served forced 222 in quick play was a horrible idea.

Hello there. Quick Play was suppose to remain under the current rule set (with no role limits) until September 1st, which then Role Queue matchmaking will be enabled and the Quick Play Classic game mode launching in the arcade. Quick Play right now is bugged restricting to 2 players per role. This is a known issue by Blizzard and hopefully will be resolved soon.