Issues with Echo, will update as they come up

I was right. This is consistent with Mercy’s ult since Mercy can still fly. And thanks for the duplicate thing.

7 Likes

What!?!?

7 Likes

Is Echo supposed to be in competitive right now? I thought there was a 2 week waiting period after she released to be put in comp?

1 Like

My question is why the emp one?

From what I saw the D.va bomb and bob stay, unless the isolation is making me crazy

Why does it not interrupt flight? I considered it closest to a high noon which can be hacked.

1 Like

Good. EMP lasts too long anyways. At least one hero can get away from the minute long hack at the end of an ult.

1 Like

For Flight, i believe Hack cancels the initial burst movement because that part of Flight is channeled, but the Flight section [free flight with a duration of 3 seconds] isn’t channeled therefore not Hack-able.

High noon is channeled. That is still hackable

Moira ult is channeled. That is still hackable

Shall I continue?

This kinda make this question all the more relevant then: Why play Pharah ever when Echo does everything she can but way better and is far less vulnerable?

4 Likes

why though? :C

1 Like

Hey Jeff, a quick question if I may, is there any way we could get Echo’s floating tied to the glide ability instead of her secondary fire on controllers?

It’s a little problematic how it’s set up currently

2 Likes

Because it makes sense?

1 Like

Map her similar to how you would lucio with jump on the trigger, then swap her melee with the other stick and assign flight to the free one.

How so?

Flight is a buff (like Soldier Visor)
Echo “metamorphs”, which is like Primal.
You cant lose HP from primal because you were 100hp before using it. You get “restored” or “rolled back” to your previous state.

Since “EMP” is a debuff, that affects your hero, and you are no longer that hero (become Echo again) you were not EMP’D in the first place.

PS: Just my 2 cents, im not a dev :rofl:

1 Like

It would just make more sense for that function to be assigned to the button that makes you fly in the first place I think. Mercy used to not use the left trigger, so it makes sense for her and Pharah being there. Echo’s just seems like an oversight

1 Like

Maybe, but its worked out for me thus far. I’ll add it to the list though.

1 Like

Echo’s flight is not channelled. If you are stunned you stay in flight. I’m not sure why anyone expects Echo’s flight to cancel with hack. It’s the same reason why hack doesn’t cancel fortify, adaptive shields, etc.

1 Like

While I agree with the flight mechanics, I still find this one odd. Maybe the devs can correct me and I haven’t read enough lore, but as far as I can tell, when Echo uses her ult isn’t it still Echo? Echo even says the character voicelines. I’m unsure why morphing back into her default state would change her hack state. If anything it almost feels like Echo should remain in her ult form until hack wears off.