Issues with alt+tab since Ashe patch

Ever since the Ashe update I’m having issues when I alt+tab out of the game. Basically, I can maybe do it with no problems once, maybe twice, but eventually, when getting back into OW, the screen freezes (with the sound still in the background) and I have restart my PC, because the OW process refuses to close and the screen freeze doesn’t let me see the Task Manager in order to close it manually. I already scanned and repaired the game a few times, and even uninstalled and installed it back, all to no avail.

The game worked fine before the Ashe patch, and this is the first time something like this happened to me since the game’s release.

4 Likes

Got the same issue
As long as I dont tab out the games works fine, no issues but when I tab out a few times the screen turns black. I can still tab out of OW to close it via task manager but since I like reading forums and searching for fanarts during Q and hero select this problem makes the game basically unplayable to me

Go to your game folder and right click on Overwatch.exe

Go to properties and then place a check mark on “Disable fullscreen optimizations”.

This should do the trick. Worked out for me once.

Didnt work for me :<

Same issue for me !

Hope for a solution soon :confused:

Same issue. Need a fix asap since it already cost me 300SR.