Issue with an 144hz monitor

Hi i just upgraded my screen to a 144hz from a 60hz (i did change the settings to show 144hz beofre anyone ask)
The problem is that sometimes i get choppy frames or i guess its called input lag, i checked my SIM numbers and they’re usually stable around 10 but sometimes they just jump to 70. I have tried updating my drivers, my pc and what not but the issue still remains, so if anyone wiser than me has any ideas how to fix it please dot tell :'D

Here are some additional ideas to check out:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD driver for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

1 Like

well i tried these and the issue is still there… one thing i didint manage to check was checking that its running on the grapchis card, where could i check this out?

Usually in the control panel for the GPU there’s a spot to make it the default choice for specific apps.

1 Like