Is Widowmaker the hottest hero in the OW universe?

Reaper has more lore than Roadhog. He’s a main character, after all. Main characters usually get the bulk of the lore and as an extension sympathy. This is why side characters stealing the show is remarkable.

Beyond that, because people have an idea in their head of how Reaper looks, his personality is less important to selling his sex appeal than Roadhog. This is because when you remove an element from a hero’s design, the stuff that remains becomes more heightened in importance. Humans get a lot of their ability to connect from facial expressions. When that is removed, the rest of the design comes into sharper focus.

Irrelevant. How people perceive the hero is the only thing that matters to whether or not they find them sexy. They have a face in their head, and they find that face sexy.

Nope, besides those two I named others.

I also didn’t accuse of you not saying it or claim you did not know that. If you are going to level the accusation that someone didn’t address your point because they didn’t read, then you do not cut off the part where they did. Your point about it only being fanon came later, after I responded to your false accusation.

right because you thinking he smells bad for no real reason and his finger nails being black means he’s ugly. i guess ashe is ugly too because her finger nails are black.

so even if its not true people can make things up to justify whatever they want? so nothing really matters then. i can think hanzo’s ugly because he’s a green munant with five heads. even if its completely false “Canon stuff doesn’t matter, it only matters how i perceive it!”

i’m not sure how a character being a main character means they aren’t ugly. torbjorn has tons of lore and the fandom as a whole seems to view him as ugly because he’s a dwarf.

yes people have an idea in their head. as in a headcanon. something they choose to make up. and they are able to do that with reaper but not roadhog?
im not sure how i can argue when one of your points is “It doesnt’ matter whats actually canon, its just how the fans perceive it!”

but you didn’t?

noone did you mention me knowing that we’ve seen his face.

no it didn’t. i literally wrote it in the post

i wrote it afterwards because you didn’t bother to acknowledge what i wrote. you did the exact same thing, but i actually added on to it. you gave no acknowledgement that i already knew what reyes face look like. you just explained something to me that i already knew.

you know what. can we stop arguing? its obvious neither of us is gonna change our minds and i’m just tired

Yes. If I find something sexy or not depends on how I see it. If you want to imagine Hanzo as a green mutant and then that completely ruins his appeal to you as a character, that is your prerogative. And a completely valid reason for him not to be sexy to you.

The reason Reaper looking like Reyes is so widespread in fandom is because they were told that it was Reaper’s old face, and no other face has been provided to them. If they ever get around to showing his new face, it will undoubtedly change how many people perceive him in his current state. Until such time though, the only thing they have to go by is his old face. And that face is pretty conventionally attractive.

In your alien example, nobody has ever seem Hanzo look like that so you are the only person that would impact. It would not make it less valid that he was ruined for you, it would mean way less people share your opinion since that wouldn’t be a face provided by lore.

Because people tend to like and sympathize with the main characters more than the side ones, and that affects perception. Torbjorn has a face. All the lore in the world isn’t going to override his face. Roadhog does not, so his personality becomes more important as a design element.

I don’t know why you thought you could in the first place. Beauty is subjective. It really doesn’t matter how you think a fan should view those two in regards to that fan’s own feelings on the matter. You can try to understand the “whys,” which I have tried to explain to you some of them in Hog’s case, but that’s about it.

you know what ever i guess your right. nothing really matters because the fans can make up whatever they want. if people want to hate the only fat character for dumb reasons i guess thats their choice…

his personality of being a criminal that likes plushies and pigs yes how ugly.
also i guess ashe is ugly because her nails are black and its never confirmed its nail polish so i guess she’s ugly too.

His personality of being kind of a jerk to other people in a similar spot as him, and his attitude towards Junkrat, his ally. Reaper is more neutral to the other members of Talon.

There is no reason to think Ashe’s isn’t nail polish. She doesn’t live in an irradiated area and the devs have not stated it is not.

The same is not true for Roadhog. It was explicitly stated that his isn’t nail polish. Knowing that is the case, the other possibilities are all kind of gross.

1 Like

wow just like reaper. but he isn’t ugly because he used to have a face. wow how hot. and i mean roadhog does high five junkrat and has a matching fistbump christmas spray and has a matching catchphrase “i’ll hook em’ ill cook em” but eh.

yes the devs have not said anything about her black nails, but considering they look exactly like junkrat and roadhogs then they must also be radiation. because there’s no reason to think they are nail polish. (and the devs not stating something is wrong doesn’t mean its true, by that logic soldier 76 is winstons dad, because they never said he wasn’t!!!)

right and since ashe has never had her black nails confirmed there’s no reason to think its any different from junkrat and roadhog. so ashe is ugly because she has black nails. of course unless your assuming she has nail polish for no real reason.

Reaper isn’t overly rude to Sombra, Widow, or Doomfist. Also they all pretty much know where they stand with him. Most of what Roadhog is shown to think about Junkrat is negative, but he acts all buddy buddy with him.

Ashe doesn’t live in a wasteland of any place shown to have a radiation problem. Where would the radiation come from? There is nothing else they could logically be except nail polish.

1 Like

one of his quotes against sombra is " Make a lot threats and someone’s going to shut you up" and “You never fooled me.” which seems pretty rude to me. and considering roadhog actually has postivie itneractions with junkrat including emotes, sprays, and even appearing on overwatch’s twitter for “national best friends day” so overally rude doesn’t seem right.

jeff never said it radiation, just that it was gruesome. it could be dirt or dry blood. so ashe could also have dirt or dry blood. and again it looks EXACTLY like roadhog and junkrat’s nails so it can’t be nail polish because then thats means that junkers are also wearing nail polish.

And again THE DEVS NEVER SAID ASHE WEARS NAIL POLISH. your just making that up. i said “soildier 76 could be winston dad” because thats your exact logic. “if the devs never said she doesn’t wear nail polish then she MUST wear nail polish” They also never said she wasn’t an alien from mars so i guess ashe is an alien from mars huh!

I don’t think Reaper was overly rude to Sombra considering what he was responding to, she is constantly purposefully pushing his buttons.

As for Hog…

Neither of those things are much more gruesome than nail polish. Ashe’s clothes are pristine, it wouldn’t be dirt.

And Hog and Junkrat weren’t the only ones with black nails at the time, even before Ashe. Torbjorn also has a skin with black ones, iirc. Yet they differentiated their nails from other black nails?

So whatever it is, it is different than the others. The most logical conclusion based off the info we have is then radiation side effect, which is why this belief is so widespread.

This is not the exact same logic. You are so hilariously offbase that it is actually startling. The fact that you need to be told that context clues, logic based off source material, logic from real life, etc are all important for making determinations is mind boggling. Nobody should need to tell you something like that. It should go without saying. But I guess that they do.

1 Like

ok so ashe has black nail polish despite them looking exactly like junkrat and roadhogs. bUT again “the devs never said they weren;t” but they never said they were. you’ve given ZERO proof their nail polish besides your own assumptions. until you can give proof that the devs said ashe wears nail polish your just a liar.

The last time I found myself asking this I finally settled on Bastion.
Its been a year, I’ve been scared to ever put myself in such a situation since.

Roadhog and Junkrat’s were assumed to be nail polish until it was explicitly stated otherwise. They looked like nail polish but they were specifically said to be something “much more gruesome,” than that. These two were also separated at the time from other hero’s whose nails look exactly the same, which eliminates the possibility that merely being animated the same means they are the same.

All of those nails do not look like they are dirt. They are not made to look like dirt. Dirt is also not much more gruesome than nail polish.

This leaves dried blood or radiation side effects, and Junkrat and Roadhog have both been explicitly stated to be suffering negative side effects from excess radiation.

By process of elimination we then can come to the conclusion that their nails are most likely the product of radiation side effects.

Ashe is NOT shown to be radiated, so it is illogical to assume she’s suffering from radioactive effects. Her clothes are also shown to be very neat and clean, which also eliminates dirt.

It could be either nail polish or dried blood. There are no signs of injury to her hands. Which means the most likely answer is nail polish, unless a dev states otherwise.

1 Like

unless the devs say its wrong, obviously its right. so because ashe has the exact same colored nails then she also must of been exposed to radiation in her life. the devs never said it wasn’t. so ashe has black nails because of radiations. there’s nothing to say she’s never been to the outback once in her life, so yeah ashe doesn’t paint her nails she was exposed to radiations.

Because the devs never said she wasn’t. thats your logic

But the devs never said she’s never been exposed to radiation

how do you know she never had an injury on her hand before in her life and never bothered to wash up the blood? the devs never said she hasn;t

No it isn’t. And I don’t know how else to get you to understand logic and reasoning based off source material, but if you refuse then I need to bow out.

Right but roadhog is ugly because he’s covered in dirt. so its not gruesome its ugly. that makes sense.

i mean your whole argument is “the devs never said she doesn’t wear nail polish” but they never said she wasn’t exposed to radiation so…

One of those is based off context clues and source material, the other is not. They aren’t the same thing unless you ignore information. This is what I mean about using logic, dude.

If you saw some tire tracks in the mud and the John Deere logo, you would come to the logical conclusion that whatever made the tracks must be a product of John Deere unless you had some kind of evidence to the contrary.