Is weird someone who don't play competitive after 1000+ hours?

Not really. Nothing forces you to play competitive, unless you really want golden guns.

Competitive honestly seems like a joke to me. I find my quick play games are more evenly matched than my competitive games.

I recently switched to PC, was placed into low plat, was there for a while, and eventually hit a wall and have been on a steady decline since. Matches are always extremely tilted to one side.

Quick play is another story. I would say I win about 50% of the time.

1 Like

I have 1725 hours played and have not touched “Competitive” even once. It’s going to stay that way, too.

I used to play QP, then moved on to Mystery Heroes with a dabble in other Arcade modes as well, then back to QP until they ruined it, then to No Limits and Total Mayhem which I exclusively play now (except when events ruin the rotation, which means I only come on when they are on the slot for the day… Unless I feel an itch, which I scratch with QPC; but it just ain’t as fun as NL and TM).

1 Like

Does it matter? Play whatever you enjoy. Comp can be stressful so I totally understand that people just don’t want to deal with it. Nothing weird here.

1 Like

I think I only have like 400-500 hours on the game but I usually just play qp now. I don’t have many friends on switch and apparently solo queueing in switch is terrible, I tested it out and I won 1 game and lost like 6 when solo queueing :woman_shrugging: I just do placements. Sure I will play occasionally to get my support to gold but other than that I just I just play qp or arcade for the lootboxes

I’ve only been doing placements on this account since Season 7(ish). My comp hours on here are 130hrs and QP hours are around 1400hrs.

I do have a different account that I exclusively play comp on for practice, with my hours on there being around 300hrs.

This might stem from the time when competitive was the only way to play the game seriously. It was the mode where you were more likely to get a relatively balanced comp with people wanting to play together and play the objective.

QP was full of people who memed, treated the game like deathmatch, and went all dps at the first sign of difficulty. As the game has matured, it gave players ways to play the game the way they want (deathmatch, custom games, etc ) and added structure to promote teamplay (role queue).

It’s definitely improved the overall game experience from the early chaotic days. But old habits die hard, so the comp is best way to play mentality has persisted.

Not really. I personally don’t play competitive because it requires too much time commitment. Matches can be exponentially longer than quick play and you can’t leave without being severely punished if you don’t feel like playing anymore. It’s the same reason I stopped playing Summoners Rift in LoL. I want to play for 40 minutes but I don’t want to play the same match for 40 minutes. The only reason I bothered with it before was the comfort of knowing there would always be another tank and healer but forced 2-2-2 removed any lingering reason for me to play that mode.

1 Like

I played one placement match 5 years ago and had no interest in doing more.

Not abnormal at all. Heck, despite Comp being my most played mode, I only have 400 or so hours on it, way less than the avid Comp player whose Hero Gallery is filled to the brim with golden guns.

Not common but many people prefer QP because they don’t want to get locked into an intense, long game all the time. Its interesting the number of people who have quit comp for the issues and focus on just QP now.

less than 500 hours (I think idk the exact number) I have 10? golden guns? I don’t remember

Yes. It is pretty common. Which is why it’s very dumb to judge someone’s comp skill by level border

I havent been active in comp since season 5 or 6. My hero pool was just not meshing with that mode so I took myself over to quick play to have fun again.

There are more casual players than competitive players, but the competitive players put FAR more hours into the game than casual do.