Is trans too strong? Or is sound barrier too weak?

All of these would be so good.
I’d love the one where they dont decay until after 6 seconds, it means you can still peel and get a kill like usually, but it keeps the remaining teammates good to go.
It also helps sound barriers offensive uses ; pushnig in with 600+ hp on everyone.

I have a friend who’s trans, and let me tell you, I CANNOT beat them in arm wrestling.

So yes, trans too stronk

its definately weak.

In my opinion, sound barrier is too weak. It trickles really fast, and Lucio’s cast time takes too long in a game like OW when you’re using it because your team is already in danger. So that means Lucio is in danger as well, increasing the chances sound barrier doesn’t get off in time.

I’m more into the concept of “buff the healers to be equally as viable,” not “nerf them until they’re all lackluster.”

It’s kind of ironic that Zens ult counters continuous damage, so it would be ok to have a cast time, since he doesn’t have to react as fast, but Lucio’s ult counters burst damage, yet he had a cast time and has to predict exactly when it’s going to hit, rather than reactively when a tracer throws a pulse bomb or Doomfist uses ult

It’s really backwards… If anything, Zen should have the cast time and Lucio’s should be instant

Sound Barrier has to be weaker than Transcendence by design, Zenyata commits himself to Transcendence for 6 seconds while Lucio is still able to use his utility and his weapon during a Sound Barrier - that said I think Sound Barrier in and of itself is too weak of a support ultimate because it can be easily disrupted. Reducing the cast time from .8 to .65 seconds would go a long way into making Sound Barrier feel more responsive in the middle of a team fight - it did wonders for Hack after all.

With the prevelance of graviton combos right now I really don’t want to see trance nerfed, but it outclasses soundbarrier in way too many situation. Sound barrier needs a buff.

But doesn’t Lucio healing outclass Zens??

That why you can’t compare them 1 to 1

Lucio’s mid fight is arguably superior after his recent buffs. But how significant is a midfight buff if right now everyone just brawls until one team kills the other with ults. His ult needs to be better at countering more other ults.

The meta is a little broken right now. That doesn’t mean you should double down on the broken meta.

Then it would be Mercy and Lucio as the too most played heroes…yikes. You would probably only be able to kill people using sniper one shot or ULT

Lucio’s healing is superior if played correctly.

Plus the whole flying in from out of the sky to drop the beat on the point was fun as hell

Sound barrier is too weak. There is too much damage and damage boosting for 600 rapidly decaying shield hp to be worth the risk. It’s like Barrage, but at least Pharah can get multikills with her ult.

I don’t have a ton of time on Lucio, but in my experience the best use is not to counter offensive ults, but rather to win a push. So I use it proactively rather than reactively. It’s not nearly as satisfying as other ults, but it has a productive use. And when I use it this way, the delay doesn’t seem punitive.

I mean the whole point of EMP was to counter SB in DIVE comp. But like you said, SB itself is pretty weak as is and Brig ult is way superior.

An Ana with a good enough aim can shut down a Lucio ult before it even actually pops.

recently papajeff tells lucio can receive a new animation for the sound barrier to go more fast use.

trance is good but so is beat. Lucios protects burst dmg trance protects sustain dmg

sound barrier has always been the weakest ult in the game even though it is very difficult to get the most out of it, even if you drop the beat at the perfect timing on a dva bomb, you still cannot save yourself. At best it is a minor inconvenience to the opponent as a defensive ult, and only can really be considered useful as an offensive ult, but is still not as good as other ults to combo for offense; grav, valk, nano, shatter, so you basically use it if nothing else is ready cause its better than nothing. none of this would be a problem if it was the fastest charging in the game but its nowhere near that fast to charge. As the latest hero shows, its okay to have an ult that has 0 timing to it and almost no game sense to use, so sound barrier should never decay.

I have over 200 Hours of Lucio and I can confirm it’s that Sound Barrier is too weak. I agree with your changes, making the cast time longer HAS to happen and the shields need some kind of buff! You have no idea how many times I land a perfectly timed Sound Barrier, but it doesn’t matter because the high offensive ult damage + the decay barely blocks anything. Sometimes just simple focus fire in the general direction of the team can SHRED a Sound Barrier.
It SHOULD counter Rip-Tire and other Burst related offensive ults, but those ults are often so quick and/or unpredictable and Sound Barrier’s cast time is so long that it’s very unreliable at doing it’s job. Especially in this meta, Lucio feels like he doesn’t even have an Ult, it’s sometimes worse than Nano and that’s saying something!

1 Like