Is the ban system better yet?

I wanna start by saying I’m NOT a cheater/hacker and I play on PS5 with a controller. I haven’t played on a PC ever besides the sims or moshi monsters on my dads computer, so I don’t even know how to WASD my way around a map lol

I also genuinely didn’t know until the last few months or so that you could even cheat on console. Which sounds stupid but it’s true?? I just didn’t know how that would be possible. Anyway,

I’ve been having super good Widow games lately (for me anyway). She’s my favourite and I’ve been using her a shedload, so naturally I’m getting better.

But every time I log on lately, I get so scared that I’ll get a banned notice for hacks or cheats, because it’s genuinely become a thing.
People are reporting players for having cheats or hacks, either because they genuinely believe so OR they’re just tilted.

That being said, I know in the first few months of release Blizz was actually banning multiple innocent players for hacking, when they never had.
Some were given accounts back, others were denied

I remember seeing multiple threads about this.

Was this ever addressed? Is this still a genuine concern?
Like, I’ve been playing since 2017 iirc and I do not want to lose all that progress, playing time etc for being wrongfully banned

And whilst I get this is usually a “you wouldn’t be scared if you were innocent” situation, I deal with a lot of anxiety and every time I finish a match I genuinely worry about if i’m being reported for good / lucky hits.

Edit: I also don’t play comp as of yet in OW2 so, it’s just quickplay or arcade

So anyway, did Blizzard ever address this? Or like has it gotten better at all? Should I be scared or just try and get over myself lol

2 Likes

No, it’s still an automated system lol where people who are easily tilted will report you for saying something as simple as “GG” because they deem it “toxic”

omg I get the same sort of anxiety, but when I ask for help with stuff. I’m worried at the end someone will report me for being toxic because I asked for help with flanker or something lol.

1 Like

If you kill me as Widow when I leave myself completely exposed, and I have terrible awareness and I got myself cut off from my own team-you’re a cheater it was NoT My FaULT.

That’s legit what can happen with false reports. People who’s precious epeens are destroyed by better players will do their best to try to scare enemy players who kill them with these sorts of things, and some people actually follow the threats through. Birdring recently got falsely banned. So make of that what you will when it comes to Blizz’s reporting system. I don’t trust it at all.

1 Like

Imma be straight. Only way I know of cheating on console is by ximming/Cronus and since ximming cant be proven by blizzard they can’t ban on that reason. It’s not detectable. That being said a lot of console players already know this info and will usually report you for a different reason if they suspect ximming.

I personally have never heard of anyone successfully being banned on console for the reasons of ximming.

For other reasons like smurfing or toxicity or throwing or grieving or even afk sure…

If you land good shots on widow that’s not suspicious. What is suspicious is flick shotting or having movements like aswd.

However I personally am starting to think the ban system on console is just straight up broken. I haven’t received one successful report since season1 and I’ve had plenty of successful reports in the past. The things I reported on were ranging from kys to actually racial slurs and taking about stringing people up :skull: combined with throwing the match by not doing any damage. :woman_shrugging: Nothing not one successful report since season1.

This is where I’m personally lost they said with the defense matrix initiative they were recording all conversations and messages.

I never thought the old system was automated because i had plenty of reports that were successful in Overwatch1. :woman_shrugging:

They aren’t really open with how their reporting system works and prob for good reason but I thought with this new defense matrix initiative that it was going be even easier and better…

I don’t know what’s going on but I think it has to do with work force? Maybe it’s glitched or bugged? Idk.

1 Like

I think its because the game has aim assist turned up so high on consoles that when you point near a player then tap aim you auto aim on the nearest hit box. So point above the head click aim and boom headshot. Seems a little sus when you figure out aim assist is broken. I understand that you joystick users cant aim with the same accuracy as a keyboard and mouse player. But here is what happens you plug in a keyboar and mouse as a console player and now you have that same accuracy and aim assist. But I could be wrong. Anyone old enough to remember game genie, hacking for consoles has been around a long time. What I dont get is why play a game if you are so bad you have to use cheats to play it. Go play minecraft or something you are good at, point and click isn’t for you. When you hack a game its no fun because it takes away the challenge but it also pisses other players off and makes then feel bad at something they might have enjoyed and if all you want to do is piss people off and make them feel bad get on social media, but don’t do it to someone’s face because they are likely to beat the snot out of you. Not directing the “you” at anyone in particular, but if you feel like it is directed at you then its because you are a cheater no good at games and should find something you are better at. Remember GG either means good game or get good, you just dont have to let the other team know what you ment when you said it. But always try to have fun and enjoy the challenge in the games you play.

I think its because the game has aim assist turned up so high on consoles that when you point near a player then tap aim you auto aim on the nearest hit box. So point above the head click aim and boom headshot.

You can change your settings on console to not have any AA or turn it way up if you want to but either way it’s not nearly has powerful as AA in other games. You still have to aim - from my observations AA isn’t that good otherwise I could play widow better lol.

Seems a little sus when you figure out aim assist is broken.

How if anyone has the same “broken” tools? It’s an even playing field. One could argue that AA is a tool not a crutch. Ever tried playing Overwatch without AA? It’s pretty much hell especially with less cc to slow things down and “mobility-watch”.

I understand that you joystick users cant aim with the same accuracy as a keyboard and mouse player. But here is what happens you plug in a keyboar and mouse as a console player and now you have that same accuracy and aim assist.

what happens? I’m not following? We get what we deserve? We are talking about the fear of being reported for such ximming because aim is good. It’s become pretty common to accuse ximming when it’s obviously not because people would always like to claim a cheater instead of facing the reality they suck. It’s more to light now since it’s a talked about topic in the content creators for Overwatch recently too.

But I could be wrong. Anyone old enough to remember game genie, hacking for consoles has been around a long time.
What I dont get is why play a game if you are so bad you have to use cheats to play it. Go play minecraft or something you are good at, point and click isn’t for you. When you hack a game its no fun because it takes away the challenge but it also pisses other players off and makes then feel bad at something they might have enjoyed and if all you want to do is piss people off and make them feel bad get on social media, but don’t do it to someone’s face because they are likely to beat the snot out of you. Not directing the “you” at anyone in particular, but if you feel like it is directed at you then its because you are a cheater no good at games and should find something you are better at.

Absolutely 100% agree.

Remember GG either means good game or get good, you just dont have to let the other team know what you ment when you said it. But always try to have fun and enjoy the challenge in the games you play.

I think of it as good game. The person who twisted it into meaning get good is a bozo.

Games a cheat fest from hell bro.

Red Mei
DSC87P

Blue Hog
3JK4AP

Video cutting right to the chase.

I tried to play with my son tonight. This is 2 cheaters in 3 games. That’s not a very good ratio. 3 games and I’m out.

Nope. Up to outright quitting last year, still got warnings for playing Torb, but never a ban, still…

I’m a bronze player and can’t get 10 placements in without losing my account to false bans.

It’s not fixed. at all. Report x for y → the hidden diamond stacks false report me for no reason other than bad. I flag it, and never get a “thank you for making it less toxic”.

AFAIK, there isn’t a single screenshot, single piece of evidence to support that false reports are even handled.

more broken promises. instead of allocating resourcse to fix this fake report system they’re working on pachimari events and anime collabs in game that doesn’t have MM or LFG.

how can this studio have a paid director without a working lfg or mm?

what up cheater? how is it going??

1 Like