Is Symmetra a Tank Buster?

She’s too squishy to be a tank buster. All the other tank busters, like Reaper/Mei/Doomfist, all have 250HP and high survivability. If Sym has started with 0 charge, she’s going to to lose 1v1s against most tanks provided each player has similar skill.

If you pocket her with Mercy and have Brig put 3 armors on her while she’s charging up, you then realize you’re better off having done less with Reaper or Doomfist. But yes Sym could kill them then somewhat easily.

i would say no
Reaper is the best, as you pointed out.
McCree was reworked into one last year. Not sure about that now with the recent changes
but Sym? nah. she’s a great shield buster, i’ll give her that. but tank busting? nah.

I mean I think she’s just in a confusing state. If you have healers on the tank, she pretty much can’t do anything with charge. I had this match but mercy and Moria was constantly healing this Reinhardt. Where my primary was on full charge and he had no shield. I think Symmetra is more to push the enemy team back by removing their shields.
2.0 anyone? Jk

Not really no. She’s more a mix of area denier and shield buster. Her turrets are more of a slow/cc than damage as well. If all 3 turrets focus someone then they are ok dps wise.

No she isnt. But tanks are her beams best target. She’s not in a good spot right now.

1 Like

She is part tank buster, part utility. This puts her in the same category as Mei, but she isn’t really as good as Mei.

1 Like

McCree has been nudged back into being one, he was one back at launch when FTH did as much as primary fire, he was good at melting tanks as their larger bodies made it easier to land more shots in the spread.

No. She can exploit enemy shields, but she’s not strong against tanks specifically. Shield counters are not the same as tank busters.

Nope, she’s a shield buster. Except that she usually can’t stay alive long enough to do that without plenty of help.

she absolutely isn’t a tank buster nor is she a shield buster. she is a zoner that can zone aggressively or defensively.

1 Like

I love it when people say she have easier time targeting tanks because they are large! Then proceed to call her a tank buster lol!

isnt every hero?

Tanks are jupiter size just letting everyone know even sombra with an awful spread cant miss a tank. She can disable a barrier faster than symm Can crack it, but I’ve never heard any people here calling sombra a tank buster.

1 Like

Her beam was clearly intended to be a barrier buster, but she lacks every other tool (mainly: surviving) to usually pull it off.

please open and read this thread explaining how it isn’t and is a zoning tool.

Nope, far from it. I would say most heroes in the tank category either don’t care or are flat out Sym counters.

She should have been a proper counter to double shields, but eh she got nerfed

I like to use Sym versus Sigma. He can’t black hole Sym beam :grin:

Oh yeah, She good versus Dva too. :grinning:

1 Like

The turrets are the main reason to play her. If they ever removed them I’d quit overwatch forever.

OT: Her beams strong but requires charging and melee range which is exactly what a tank requires to rip apart squishies. She used to be a great counter to barriers because her secondary was the only ability that pierced off a cooldown. The removed that ability though… then barrier meta came in and we had no way to deal with it… shocker…

She is, but self sustain required to stay alive in the front line says otherwise.

I use Sym as a tank buster but I guess we all use heroes differently.