Is Smurfing a violation/reportable?

I already explained where in an earlier post.

And I already explained why that doesn’t work. I thought you had a place where it actually said it was cheating.

1 Like

I’ve been in masters when I peaked and put all my effort into comp. VODs, only small sessions, dedicated team.

Now that I have less time, fell back to high plat/ low diamond.
Does that make me a cheater?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what you say or think. It’s spelled out quite clearly in the reporting system definitions in game.

It literally isn’t. If you think it is, try and quote it.

You can try and refute it all you like but the reporting system definition is quite clear.

I already did quote it previously.

Being better is not an unfair advantage

Being a high tier player on a lower tier smurf/alt account is.

No it isn’t. Thats just being better.

As long as they play consistantly without throwing, then they belong at that lower rank on that account (probably because they play different heroes there). If they actually are better and aren’t throwing to compensate, then they will climb because they have a 100% fair adavantage.

Again, you can try and refute it all you like but it doesn’t matter what you think or say because the in game reporting system definition says otherwise.

They may very well climb, but in the meantime they’re a higher tier player in lower tier matches. That’s not 100% fair advantage at all. That’s an unfair advantage because they’re bringing higher tier game sense and experience into lower tier matches, and an unfair advantage is considered cheating per the reporting system.

https://cdn2-www.gamerevolution.com/assets/uploads/gallery/2937_changes-to-overwatchs-reporting-system/OWCheating.jpg

It specificly says that “Playing extremely well” is NOT cheating

No one said anything about playing extremely well being cheating.

“Cheating is: Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting a bug, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage,” the cheating page says. “Cheating is not: Playing extremely well, getting a lucky streak of hits, or successfully predicting an enemy player’s movements.”

Being better than your sr on your current account is not cheating, which is the report option all of us assumed you were using. Are you reporting them with some other tag?

Well what exactly are you doing when you are better than the people you play against?

That’s the reason why alt accounts are no problem. If they place lower than their actual rank, they will find their actual rank rather quickly.

1 Like

Yes, I’m well aware that’s what it says, given I already quoted the relevant part of that in an earlier post.

Except it is because your’e taking higher tier game sense and experience into lower tier matches on a different account, because that gives you an unfair advantage over other players actually at those lower tiers who don’t have that higher tier game sense or experience.

Unfair advantage = cheating so that’s what’s selected when reporting.

That is literally just being a better player. You can accomplish the exact same thing by spending all your time in high level scrims and watching allot of pro/top level play before actually trying to climb. It’s not cheating, it’s just being better than your sr.

Yes, because you’re a high tier player playing in lower tier games. Of course you’re going to be better than other players at those lower tiers!

That is cheating as defined by the game’s reporting system.

It expressly isn’t by both the game’s reporting system and everyone else here other than you. You’re going to have to give better reasons than “but it says so” when no one else thinks that that is what it is saying.

So nobody is allowed to climb the ranks?
Because in order to climb, you have to get better than the people in your SR range and win games against them. And everybody that is better than their SR is a cheater according to you.

1 Like

Except it is. Go read the description of cheating again.

I didn’t realise you conducted a survey.

No, I don’t have to because the game’s reporting system defines it quite clearly.

Besides, it’s not about what you or I think. It’s what the game has defined.