Is Roadhog getting his old right click damage back?

Because maybe that would be a logical reason for this big nerf…

What they should do, if they are going to keep this falloff.

Roadhog

Secondary Fire

• Rate of fire reduced 25%
  • Damage per blast raised from 150 to 225
6 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty unacceptable for a shieldbreak tank.

1 Like

i hope they dramatically increase his damage up close to make him a brawl tank and to make his combo consistent

2 Likes

Whos genius idea was for him to get fall off in the first place

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. You can just walk up closer to Reinhardt and right click with full damage. Roadhog is not good for a number of other reasons.

Yeah but you don’t want to make his alt fire useless… it just needs to be literally the primary fire except it detonates 10 meters away

Roadhog’s alt fire never had fall off. It has always done max damage at any range.
This dev team makes me want to smash my head off a wall. Why change something like this two years later? Especially to a hero that has already been gutted and hasn’t been in a good place since

2 Likes

All balance changes are now done under the cover of “bug fixing” to forestall debating the merits.

As to why they would nerf an already underpowered hero (an increasingly common occurrence), I can only speculate. Perhaps the balance team has to create imbalance in order to justify their jobs.

i was completely against this kind of damage buff but now he needs it, he is terrible in every other way and has nothing good about him

I just can’t believe this nerf, like, there’s a million things wrong in this game but hey, let’s just nerf roadhog alt fire that NO ONE ever complain about…
This dev team really is unreal.

3 Likes

the problem with the game is you cant with any match without roadhog on your team, whole hog is far too strong every single time i use it its an instant team kill

They “bug fixed” shadowstep they pretty much nerfed the worse ability in the game this patch

This ranks right up there with that “No Moira heals through shields” nerf.

Slight damage buff okay? No fire rate decrease. The fire rate decrease is where I’m like no. Don’t remove the reason I mained hog in the first place. Damage buff? Fine. Fire rate nerf? Heck no

They just love to mess with Hog mains in Overwatch.

I can’t believe Roadhog was kept in this state for so long, say what you want but roadhog has been always too good at breaking barriers, far too good that made Torbjorns right click obsolete at doing the same job. :grimacing:

Any class can be barrier busters if they try, just some are better at busting barriers than others because they have a better gun and better survivability.
A Torb out in the front lines would get killed more often than a Hog because his armor packs alone can’t deal with the attention of the whole team.

A universal buff I’d be interested in however is damage fall off being removed on all shotgun weapons. Spread RNG is a big factor in whether or not your gun hits or misses a target, and fall off makes the guns near useless beyond close range because most of the potential damage is mitigated along with the spread.

Mei’s Icicle falloff damage was removed in 1.26 because it was the ONLY projectile with falloff damage. Plus, Mei really needed a buff.
Roadhog has been a pretty poor choice outside of a “Pulled Pork” combo for a while now.
So WHY does he need a nerf?

Wow blizz really wants to make Hog the Bastion of tanks don’t they?