Is PTR Brigitte really a dive counter?

Yes, I don’t see what this has to do with anything that I just said…

Also, I don’t even know what any of that means. I think you need to be more clear.

According to what I wrote, you wouldn’t have Bash available in first place

Why wouldn’t you have it available if you haven’t used it yet…?

With “You can Bash” I mean you have just bashed, sorry if it bugged you

Even then, the Winston only has a one second window to jump in. If he doesn’t jump in within that time frame then the Brigitte will have bash off cooldown before he is able to jump out. That isn’t a very large window to jump in on.

And even then, if the Brigitte just stunned a target, there is a high likely hood that target is dead. Now the Winston’s teammate is dead, so he is jumping into what is likely the teeth of the enemy when he is probably at disadvantage. Plus she could just use her shift to keep him from leaping on her anyway.

And even with that, Winston has a very hard time killing Brigitte in a timely fashion anyway, due to her self sustain and 50 armor, and he also has a tough time killing other things with her around too because of the repair pack.

I would still absolutely say that Brigitte is a counter to Winston.

D.Va is his Dive partner right?

Yes, but D.Va doesn’t do too well against Brigitte either. If I’m not mistaken, her shift cooldown doesn’t start until the boosters are cancelled. This makes here effective cooldown for her escape actually a little longer than Winston’s. Brigitte would be able to bash you by the time you tried to leave.

Other than that, D.Va doesn’t do too well against Brigitte for a lot of the same reasons that Winston doesn’t.

I would argue about the need for this kind of an ult, but if it needs to be in the game, it should not be so polarizing (either shuts you down complitely, or does almost nothing)

Almost like dive has mobility and brigitte doesn’t so they can choose when they engage 80% of the time. One stun does not equal the death of coordinated dive assault just as the people in OWL showed us when they played unnerfed brigitte.

Dive characters also can just use their mobility skills to get away even if they were caught in a stun unless enemy coordinates in that split second to kill that one hero. But coordination is doubtful.

Brig counters bad players more than she counters any specific dive char lol. Hence her high winrates till GM.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought that may be the issue and Devs actually gave up that point when they first nerfed her. They couldnt make her less painful without nerfing her countering power. I guess we will have to find a new way to use her.

Which, if you can’t do so when your team has a net 100 Armor advantage over an armorless other time, you don’t DESERVE to win at all.

she can send either of them away, thus leaving the other alone, winston either cant protect dva or the other way around

or did you all forget about whipshot? you know her knock back

I don’t care what she is as long as she drops to garbage-tier.

and here is one person we wont listen too