Is my computer now too old for OW? FPS < 15 during game play :(

Hello!

Over the last 3-4 months, since the last 2 patches or so I guess, the game’s become unplayable on my laptop. My FPS is now down to < 15 FPS regularly in game. I checked the specs on my laptop - the one I’ve been using for last 2-3 years for the game - and everything still seems to be in line. Where can I turn to try to figure out what the heck is going wrong?

This is the specs of this laptop:

• Intel Core i5 - 3317U CPU @ 1.7 GHz
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • System 64 bit operating, x64 based processor
  • Hard drive: 480 GB SSD with half still empty.

Internet upload/download is fine as it’s the same internet as before the lag issues.

Anyone with any tips/advice/help?

Much thanks

The components you listed still meets the Recommended System Requirements for Overwatch. However you do not have a graphics card listed. Can you please specify that?

In addition check out this starting troubleshooting guide for tips on resolving most common issues with FPS performance:

I also have a Maximizing Performance for Overwatch guide which is helpful for getting the best possible performance when playing:

Thank you for the reply. I never bothered to check the Graphics card because I guess I was content with how it was running pre lag. Just found out that my card is a gen too old (Intel HD Graphics 4000 vs the 4400 minimum). I’m not quite sure how I survived all these years. Guess that will be the first place to look into fixing?

Thank you for the guides too. I had looked through one of them previously and will look at the other now.