Is Moira meta because of Doomfist?

Title, now lets talk about this.

Moira is arguably the only main healer who can survive a doomfist, so lets go over the other supports just for reference

Ana: If you can outplay doom and get a sleep, hes probably dead if he has no sheilds or low sheilds. Outside of that Ana is just going to flop over

Bap: Same situation for bap, for him its a game of cat and mouse, just trying to escape doom with his super jump. Doom can force immortality really often though…

Mercy: She’s not really a main healer but I’ll mention her because some people still think she is. Mercy can only run from doomfist, and she can do a really good job but eventually she will be caught out. And anyways, Mercy cant save teammates from doom, or save them if doom pushes them out of position

So anyways that leaves Moira, who can occasionally kill doom and regularly survive his punch. So, is Doomfist enforcing a Moira meta?

1 Like

Don’t mind me I’m here for the show.

3 Likes

Moira is a brain dead hero, she takes zero skill and no aim.
She’s also ugly, difficult to hit and can carry you to Grand Master.

Just in case anyone tries to murder me because of this reply, it’s a joke ok

8 Likes

Oh! okay hehe…

2 Likes

It’s the combo of double shield and doomfist. If it was just the shields, people would force other support and make them work. Being there would be time to slowly angle for shots with Zen or get a fat anti-nade with Ana etc.

you would still battle other flankers but at least it would be a fight and not these one shot kill or air juggle CC kills as we see with doom.
So after getting deleted a few times AND being unable to do much due to shield, one just goes brain dead Moira so you can have some sort of impact in game.

and if there wasn’t double shields, we would see more Hog, McCree and other heroes that can sort of counter doom a bit more. Yet for some reason Blizzard seems to think the current game play is “ok”. Maybe it is, being we keep playing.

1 Like

People aren’t picking Moira because she can avoid Doomfist

People pick Moira because she has solid ways of getting damage through shields. Her orb, and coalescence- a fast charging ult.

3 Likes

I think she’s picked becuase ana and baptiste aren’t. Baptiste was never very strong, his main usage was being able to prevent hook combo deaths with immo field (I think he’s good, but I just never saw him much before orisa/hog). Ana obviously isn’t picked much becuase of the shields. So unless you want mercy as your main healer, you’re probably stuck with moira.

Moira has always been meta and has always been picked pretty much every game, and Doomfist is a rare sight…

2 Likes

Every comment in samito’s videos ever

Moira is meta because she offers the most consistent healing and damage with the least amount of risk. I don’t think she needs more nerfs, all the other healers need buffs, as do all the tanks. Specifically I think all healers should get a movement ability and all tanks should get a damage boost. Lucio would need a damage boost instead of a movement ability added to to bring him in line with Moira

Lol Moira has ALWAYS been meta, She has been in EVERY game i’ve played since her official launch.

And i don’t understand why people are always talking about meta, and especially in high ranks. People need to understand that low ranks exists too and most of the player base resides in those ranks.

Metas exists in EVERY rank.

1 Like

Is this satirical or genuine?

3 Likes

Well that’s typically because, when looking to balance, you wanna aim for the higher echelons cuz that’s where you see heroes being played to the fullest extent and, as a result, any issues to that hero are more obvious

1 Like

doomfist is meta because of moira. reaper and doom are the only dps that last more than 3 seconds against moira and have consistent enough damage to kill her. moira is a horrible addition, i would be ashamed to release heroes like moira brig sigma.

2 Likes

Have you played a single comp game in gold or plat? If you did, you’d know Moira has been meta since her release. I’ve seen her almost every game, because she’s so good. Metas exist in every rank, and I’m talking about the meta where I (and most people) play.

Why did you use truth to make a joke though?

1 Like

The best way to contribute is not dying. Moira, Lucio are the best supports for survival. Mercy to lesser extent.

1 Like

Holy crap I have never seen such backwards thinking

Doomfist is meta because he can ignore barriers and get kills
Moira is meta because she’s the only main support who can not only help counter all the barriers, but actually survive Doomfist

Baptiste and Ana don’t work well because of Double Barriers, and Doomfist can kill them both super easily

Mercy doesn’t work because her healing isn’t high enough to stop Reaper, and her survivability it tied to a teammate rather than her own freedom

Like before Sigma breaking the meta, Moira was only used in Gold and below; Yet Doomfist was the 4th most used DPS in the game in almost every rank

Moira is fine, and has always been fine.

As soon as Doomfist leaves the Meta, we’ll go back to Ana/ Baptiste being the best supports

2 Likes

Well, for balancing purposes, they really don’t consider those experiences on the same level as those in the higher ranks.

Not that I’m rank shaming, but if you’re in those ranks then there’s obviously room for improvement and skill expression, therefore those experiences and opinions (and metas) must be taken with a grain of salt.

For an esport, there has to be focus on what the top tier can do with a hero. Otherwise, balancing towards more casual players will cause the actual pros to play the same heroes to such a degree that the game becomes nigh unrecognizable.

I’ve found mercy to be pretty reliable lately but that’s mainly due to her being able to get solid healing through barriers